Robert Bosch LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Bosch LLC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Interview

I first applied online for the position. After passing their qualifier questions, I received an email scheduling a phone interview. After passing the phone interview I was given a case study and I believe about a week to work on it. Once I sent it back in for review it took several weeks to be reviewed and for me to hear back from them. After receiving word I passed I was tasked with creating a slideshow to explain my logic applied to the case study and was invited in for an all day interview. The all day interview started first with presenting my case study to a member of the finance department and HR. After the other candidates and myself had completed our presentations we were brought back to a room where we were given a group problem to solve in 20 minutes. After this we were taken to lunch and given a tour of the building. After lunch 2 of the 4 of us were sent home. Myself and the other gentleman that were asked to stay met with a senior level person of the finance department for a final interview. The interview process started at 8:30 and went until around 3:00 PM. I received an email indicating an offer would be made by 3:00PM the following day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about the classes you took at your university.
      Why did you choose to use this accounting method over the other?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Interview

3 days after application got the phone and scheduled a phone interview with hr; 2 weeks later got an email invitation of next phone interview with hiring manager; 2 weeks later got an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What's important in project management? Some questions about my skills.   Answer Question

Robotics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It is very important to have you refer to this company. If you are not referred, it is almost impossible to get an interview. My first interview was a general interview with not too many specific technical question. The second phone interview was a coding one. Then they asked me for an on site interview which was too long and took about 8 hours.
    During the on-site interview, I presented my work for the first two hours. Then we went for a lunch. After that there was an HR interview. Then technical interviews started. The first one was about pure programming, and the second one was about roboctis problems.

Interview Questions

• In HR, they asked if I am given one million dollar how would I start a new project and spend that money to be successful. In C++ question, they asked some questions about iterators, quick sort, some linux functions. In robotics part, they asked about EKF. Next one was how do you find a distance between two points where position is defined as (x, y, theta). The last question was about occupancy graphs.   Answer Question

Modeling & Simulation Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online when I saw an opening on their website (Bosch RTC). 1 month later, I had a Skype interview where I presented my PhD research for 20 minutes, followed by Q&A for another 20. About a month later, I was invited for an on-site interview. Another month later, I went to Palo Alto. I presented my work for 40 minutes, followed by Q&A with members of the team. The team gave me an overview of the range of work being done. An HR intern have me an overview of Bosch. Lunch. HR interview where a senior manager was also present. One on one with 3 other team members. 1 month later, they updated me on the result.

Interview Questions

• HR questions were the usual. Some of them specific to Palo Alto were repeated.   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and got a phone interview by a recruiter about two weeks later. The interview was all about previous market projects which I don't have much experience as I am not a marketing student. I didn't hear any follow up from the company after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What project you have participated in and analyze an unsuccessful product ?   Answer Question

Junior Manager Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Interview

I was aggressively pursued after meeting their representatives at a career fair. First interview went fine and was invited to interview at HQ. They make you submit a fairly extensive case study - both excel and ppt. The final round consists of 2 separate interviews with HR, your case presentation to a group of finance managers, and a group exercise. The group exercise was pretty silly and not what I would have expected given my preparations for MBA case interviews. During my case presentation, I was extensively complimented on my analysis. There were discussions about the assumptions I made but overall it was a win. At this point, I am thinking I have this job locked up. During the following interview, in a discussion about any potential issues with the demands of the job, I accidentally (and regrettably) mentioned some personal information - nothing scandalous, just normal stuff - that I should have kept to myself. After this, the tone of the interview became noticeably less cordial. After a quick tour, I was promptly told that I would not be hired and was escorted to a waiting taxi. I received feedback indicating that my case study wasn't good enough. My case study was great. I wasn't even sure afterwards, so I had it checked by two accounting professors at my school. This is probably the answer they give to everyone when they don't have an actual reason to deny you the job besides their personal feelings. It was clearly HR that made the final decision without much input from the actual finance professionals. HR has a lot of power here and it's a popularity contest, not a skills evaluation.

Interview Questions

• What are three values you have, and what three experiences gave you these values?   Answer Question

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I applied via internal referral + online. The first phone interview was simple, the team wanted to know more about me, my PhD research and my background in general. The second phone interview was more technical, and I was asked to solve math/algebra problems over the phone. I was then invited to Palo Alto for a in-person interview. I gave a 1hr presentation followed by some more technical questions and HR interview. No 1-to-1 meeting, so I did not have the chance to ask different persons about their jobs, what they do/like etc. The only chance was briefly at lunch. The HR interview was long and full of behavioral questions. The overall process took a couple of months (roughly 2+ weeks between each step)

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Anderson, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

after walk in the facility, meet with HR and was asked some general questions, then the HM asked some working exp and questions such as why is Bosch, really nothing difficult

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Farmington Hills, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Hearing back on the application took a long time but the hiring process itself was a bit better. I still believe that for an internship the process is too long. Once you get contacted about the position and you get interview the processes goes much quicker after that. Overall the staff is great and it is really not their fault for the process taking so long it is just the way that it is structured

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your past position that will help you in this position?   Answer Question

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Short and they respected my time. It took a few weeks to get the final offer, but my manager called me weekly to keep me posted. The official offer followed, and then the background check. They were very clear about when the background check was complete and I could notify my old employer.