Robert Bosch LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Bosch LLC Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.9

Junior Manager Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Interview

I was aggressively pursued after meeting their representatives at a career fair. First interview went fine and was invited to interview at HQ. They make you submit a fairly extensive case study - both excel and ppt. The final round consists of 2 separate interviews with HR, your case presentation to a group of finance managers, and a group exercise. The group exercise was pretty silly and not what I would have expected given my preparations for MBA case interviews. During my case presentation, I was extensively complimented on my analysis. There were discussions about the assumptions I made but overall it was a win. At this point, I am thinking I have this job locked up. During the following interview, in a discussion about any potential issues with the demands of the job, I accidentally (and regrettably) mentioned some personal information - nothing scandalous, just normal stuff - that I should have kept to myself. After this, the tone of the interview became noticeably less cordial. After a quick tour, I was promptly told that I would not be hired and was escorted to a waiting taxi. I received feedback indicating that my case study wasn't good enough. My case study was great. I wasn't even sure afterwards, so I had it checked by two accounting professors at my school. This is probably the answer they give to everyone when they don't have an actual reason to deny you the job besides their personal feelings. It was clearly HR that made the final decision without much input from the actual finance professionals. HR has a lot of power here and it's a popularity contest, not a skills evaluation.

Interview Questions

• What are three values you have, and what three experiences gave you these values?   Answer Question

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I applied via internal referral + online. The first phone interview was simple, the team wanted to know more about me, my PhD research and my background in general. The second phone interview was more technical, and I was asked to solve math/algebra problems over the phone. I was then invited to Palo Alto for a in-person interview. I gave a 1hr presentation followed by some more technical questions and HR interview. No 1-to-1 meeting, so I did not have the chance to ask different persons about their jobs, what they do/like etc. The only chance was briefly at lunch. The HR interview was long and full of behavioral questions. The overall process took a couple of months (roughly 2+ weeks between each step)

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Anderson, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

after walk in the facility, meet with HR and was asked some general questions, then the HM asked some working exp and questions such as why is Bosch, really nothing difficult

Data Mining Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Applied through University career portal and took a week to schedule an interview. The first interview itself was technical that took 20 -30 mins. Interviewed by 2 recruiters over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How would you perform Time series analysis over a particular data set.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, heard nothing for 45 days after the phone interview then suddenly get an email on a Wednesday afternoon to come in for a face to face that Friday morning (no exceptions on date). Then called the following Monday to fly to Chicago for final interview in which their HR department left me hanging until the end of the day before interview on flight arrangements/hotel stay. Interviewed by HR person and a VP who showed up late wearing jeans and a sweater.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Interview

I was contacted by Bosch recruiters. Then phone interview by the direct manager once. One week after that was in person interview. then the background check and drug screening starter.

Computer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Interview

1) Career fair at university - spoke to a recruiter and was told that I would be recommended if I apply online
    2) Applied online; Phone interview was scheduled which lasted <30 minutes and was with a technical manager. Questions were all about my resume with a few technical (relating to resume) questions thrown in.
    3) Was invited for an onsite interview, about 45 minutes, with the same tech manager and the lead software engineer. Went over the resume again, in great detail, answered semi-technical questions relating to previous experience/classes and had a nice chat about the field into which I was applying.

Received offer soon after. Overall process took 2 weeks. Accepted Offer.

In summary, very very smooth processes with nice people.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, which went for 15 mins. Then an onsite interview. People were very rude. Made me wait for 2 hrs. Then a panel interview. Mostly HR related questions. Very few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function in C which can accept arbitrary input.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

1st round phone screening - ran through resume and a few technical questions on experience from previous internships. 2nd round face to face at facility, very relaxed and simple. Got verbal confirmation right after the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience? Then further drilling on the experience based on what you tell them   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Farmington Hills, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a hiring manager if I wanted an interview after he saw my resume through another position that I applied for. Interview was straightforward, and was all behavioral questions. After the interview, they told me that I would hear back in two weeks regardless of whether or not I got the position. I ended up never hearing back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you demonstrated leadership in a team setting.   Answer Question