Robert Bosch LLC Interview Questions in Plymouth, MI | Glassdoor

Robert Bosch LLC Interview Questions in Plymouth, MI

3.2

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Plymouth, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

The process started with contact via an internal recruiter, a few phone calls with the recruiter and the hiring manager, then a one on one, plus a group interview with a tour of the facility. The interview team was great, very personable. Most of the interview was discussions on my background and what their plan for the role was, how the role would be judged. There were a few S/T.A.R. questions they snuck in at the end, but they worked them into conversation rather then coldly sitting at a table and reading questions off the HR sheet in monotone. I really liked the team I interviewed with, which is unfortunate because I had to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficult problem to solve and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question

I had to decline the offer for a few reasons, though primarily because the base salary was much lower than what was discussed as my target with the recruiter at the beginning of the process. I did not try to negotiate further.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Plymouth, MI).

Interview

Initial communication was via phone by an HR person. The interview was with my boss, his colleague, and their boss. Also two senior hardware engineers from another division.

They asked a bunch of softball questions to see if I lied on my resume: what are good resistor values for a automotive battery voltage divider, draw the basic parts of a 3 terminal voltage regulator, what does this resistor do, what does this diode do, etc. took almost 3 hours. It was fun, though :) they gave me a quick tour, too.

Second interview they brought me around to show me to everybody they could think of and bragged that they found somebody with a masters degree :)

First day of work they repeated the rounds and told everybody I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Drawthe basic parts of a 3 terminal regulator   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me much more than I expected so there was no need to negotiate. I Was severely underpaid at my previous job and didn't realize it. Raises came each year, but were always depressing.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Plymouth, MI).

Interview

Hiring process is a little slow, but due diligence must be done by the company so it's understandable. Interview process was actually a joy. It was panel style. The questions were position based and resume based. They also did a great job in thoroughly explaining the position, what I'd be doing, and how I could progress in my career afterwards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Turns out their initial offer was firm and final, but it was good enough for me to start. Bosch's total compensation package is very competitive and fair. I was very pleased with it.

Technical Project Lead (TPL) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Plymouth, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial telephone interview with recruiter. Face-to-face with manager and group lead. Interview was challenging and thorough. Follow-up questions after the interview period. HR provided detailed information regarding benefits, company policies, required training, probational expectations

Interview Questions

• How would you address braking system development   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward

Bosch Energy Research Network (BERN) Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Plymouth, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

I got called in March of 2012 for an interview at the Plymouth, MI office. Went and did the interview and was told straight up that they were impressed with my knowledge but that they had one or two more candidates left to interview and they wanted to go through everybody before reaching a decision. I got a call a week later notifying me that they wanted to extend an offer. Got an offer not too long after.

Interview Questions

• Questions were highly technical: Do you know the operation of a Boost Converter? Do you know about Switching losses? Do you know how a PID controller operates.

I had to stand on a whiteboard and explain with diagrams, equations, etc. I knew everything except the switching losses question.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Plymouth, MI) in February 2009.

Interview

It was smooth but HR did not negotiate at all....They are very shrewd when it comes to money

Interview Questions

• Atomic structure of the tire and how it generates its braking/tractive forces   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable at the time because of falling auto industry