Robert Half Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Robert Half

2.6

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Robert Half in July 2017.

Interview

Meet several people at each line of business. Interview with several people and seemed to prolong time. I went to three office before landing a role. I was instructed to call and speak to this person and that person. Once offered, I started within two weeks so that part was not as bad.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to do in five years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

The process went very quick. I did 4 rounds of interviews. First, phone screen, second skype interview, third one was in person and included some shadowing. The last one was in person with the District President. Everyone was very easy to communicate with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Robert Half (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Literally had me do multiple shadows only to go silent! Not very structured. VP was all over the place and scheduled then rescheduled numerous times. If they have you shadow more than once then give it up!

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Antonio, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Email and phone call followed up with in person interview . One of the days consisted of going to the office and seeing their daily routine. Lots of phone calls to businesses.
    Very easy interview and the staff is great.

Interview Questions

• 1. What Motivates you?
      2. Describe your current job duties   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

My experiance was out of the norm, it took me 7 months to get through the interview process but it is typically a couple of weeks. There were 3 phone screens, 4 interviews face to face, and a happy hour interview to review personality.

Interview Questions

• Experience, personality overview, and presentation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Smooth and took about three steps before they ultimately bring you on. Met with team members and then the Regional Director. I have no issues with the on-boarding process. It went very quickly. Phone screen, in-person, shadowing, job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

3 interviews total. One on one then meet with branch manager then shadow hiring manager for a couple of hours. Personality is the number one deciding factor. If you aren’t outgoing you won’t be hired.

Interview Questions

• They make you role play conversations with potential clients   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Miamisburg, OH) in February 2018.

Interview

1. Identify hiring need

Before a position can be filled, it must be identified as available. Positions are either newly formed or recently vacated. In either case, the hiring staff should meet to generate a prioritized list of job requirements including special qualifications, characteristics, and experience wanted from a candidate.

2. Plan

It’s important that all those involved in the hiring decision agree to the hiring process, steps, and communication channels to be used. The plan should include a timeline, recruitment plan, criteria for initial candidate screening, selection committee, interview questions, and instructions for taking notes.

3. Create a job description

The agreed-upon job requirements form the basis for the job description. Other necessary information includes essential functions to be performed in the role and the advantages of working for the company (i.e., workplace environment, compensation and benefits, perks, etc.).

4. Post and promote job openings

The job listing should be advertised internally so current employees can apply and make referrals. Other avenues for promotion are the company’s website, online job boards, social media, job fairs, and industry publications.

5. Recruiting

Beyond passive recruitment via job posts, the hiring staff should seek out qualified candidates via LinkedIn, social media, and industry events. This will ensure that some applications from potential candidates who are not actively searching for new jobs but who may be perfect for the role are received.

6. Applicant screening

As job applications arrive by email or via an applicant tracking system (ATS), the hiring staff reviews résumés/CVs and cover letters based on the criteria established in the planning step. Unqualified candidates’ applications are withdrawn from the applicant pool. Qualified candidates are informed of next steps beginning with a screening interview.

7. Screening interview

Initial interviews with applicants are typically phone calls with HR representatives. These interviews determine if applicants have the qualifications needed to do the job and serve to further narrow the pool of candidates. HR may also explain the interviewing process during this step.

8. Interviews

Depending on the size of the selection committee, several interviews are scheduled for each candidate.

Early interviews are typically in-person, one-on-one interviews with applicants and the hiring manager and focus on applicants’ experience, skills, work history, and availability.
    Additional meetings with management, staff, executives, and other members of the organization can be one-on-one or panel interviews, formal or relaxed, on-site, off-site, or online (Skype, Google Hangouts). These interviews are more in-depth; in some organizations, each interviewer focuses on a specific subject or aspect of the job being filled to avoid overlap between interviews and to discover more about the applicants.
    Final interviews might be conducted by the company’s senior leadership or an interviewer from a previous round of interviews. These latter-stage interviews are generally extended to a very small pool of top candidates.
    9. Applicant talent assessment

Before, during, or after interviews, hiring staff often assign applicants one or more standardized tests to assess personality type, talent (also called pre-employment tests), physical suitability for the job, cognition (reasoning, memory, perceptual speed and accuracy, math, and reading comprehension), and/or emotional intelligence. Some organizations also require applicants to take tests or complete assignments to demonstrate professional skills applicable to the open position.

10. Background check

One of the final steps prior to making a job offer is conducting background checks to review candidates’ criminal record, to verify employment history and eligibility, and to run credit checks. Some organizations also check social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to make sure potential employees are likely to represent the company in a professional manner. Drug testing may also be warranted, depending on the nature of the job.

11. Decision

Interview Questions

• Could you go over your work history and explain how it would appeal to long term business sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick and painless. They didn't ask me fluffy questions about ambitions in life. They were straight to the point. I met with a few teammembers and got to shadow them for a couple of hours.

Interview Questions

• asked about myself and gave me more info about the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Caddy to say the least. Different levels of evaluations/ introduction, entry mid and senior . The process leaves you unsure, they are a hiring firm. Meaning their goal is to find you a job somewhere.