Robert Half Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2016

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Started with filling out paperwork followed by standard q&a in a panel format - went over job history, skills, experience, short/long-term needs, etc. Well known name but would have liked to come away with a better feel of why it would be a great place to work and what set them apart in my area of interest. Also would have liked to hear if they had a consistent presence at certain companies but they did not disclose much aside from citing names in the local area but without any detail beyond that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Great interview process. Very helpful and supportive of career growth. A great place to start out to add software/experience to your resume! They have a very large clientele and you never know if one of the roles you're temping for becomes permanent.

Interview Questions

• How is your Microsoft Excel skills?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Robert Half in August 2014.

Interview

I came in to interview and was coached on updates to my resume to make me more marketable. I felt as if my skills were recognized and was comfortable discussing my experience. I think if I had known they wanted more "vanilla" HR people, I would have developed a different kind of resume.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

phone call for basic info and interview. Emaieled paperwork to offfice then go into office next day for more paperwork. Needed to sign contracts including arbitration and NDAs. You wont have to fill out most of the in office papers as most of them contained info you filled out in the emailed paperwork. Very easy process. Then another phone interview but with the client.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I talked to 3 separate managers. The first manager was more general and concerned about how I handled specific social situations. The latter two interviews were more technical and in depth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Austin, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

On going interview. I attented the phone interview in which i gave a detailed description of the work i had been doing. I had prepared for this before and recruiter seemed impressed by my experience. I am still to attend the on site interview and was looking around to see what this would consist off.

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic technical questions about my field in the phone interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Stamford, CT) in May 2008.

Interview

Robert Half Technology is a recruiting agency that I initially interviewed for a few years ago at a different location and had to restart the process since it's been awhile and the recruiter that was searching opportunities for me was no longer there anyways. They do full time and consulting placements (temp).

I was contacted by them by phone by an impressed recruiter phone a few months before I came in, for a temp web related opportunity that I was not interested in. Then later on when I was looking for a better opportunity, I went in, filled out papers (employment history, what I'm looking for, etc).

I sat down with the same nice and polite recruiter who looked at my paper work, was impressed by my resume and one of the first questions was what my most current/recent salary was. I declined to answer since I didn't want my next rate to be based upon that. After some talking, he respected my decision but noted that his clients may want to know and it could make or break an opportunity. He asked what type of opportunity I was looking for, what industry, etc.

He wanted to expand my opportunities since I also was familiar with front end and design work and introduced me to a recruiter for Creative Group, which is a division of Robert Half. She asked what type of work I was looking for.

The building the office was in is very luxurious, unfortunately tech consultants/employees don't work in that location, only the recruiters. The people seemed a lot nicer in Stamford than other branches. They were interested in what I want, to best match their clients. I like how they make sure their candidates know their stuff by giving skills test, as many other recruiting agencies do not care to meet you or test you, especially when other recruiting agencies have offshore recruiters.

My advice is to at least give salary requirements (a wide range) so that recruiters could have an idea of what you're looking for. Also you may want to touch up your skills before taking the tests. You are allowed to retake tests whenever, just walk in.

They have been good at researching and following up with opportunities, even at a start of a rough economic time.

Interview Questions

• What is your most current/recent salary/rate?   1 Answer
    • What kind of opportunities are you interested in? What industry?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Robert Half about an internal Consultant position following my unsolicited application and was asked if I was interested. Afterwards I was invited to a first interview on site.

The first interview was held with two company representatives, involving a brief test of my analytical evaluating and sales skills (see below) and standard questions about my resume.

After the initial interview I was invited to a follow up interview with my recruitment contact and the location director. The location director was stuck however in a prolonged meeting, so a department head was instead leading the second talk, again with basic questions about my resume and my desire and expectations of the position.

After the second interview I was asked to complete an online personality test.

I was not invited to a possible third interview...

Interview Questions

• I was given one of their candidate profiles with some information about the position that they considered her for. First they asked me what I felt were weaknesses and strong points about the candidate resume. After some brief time to consider, I was then asked to "sell" the candidate profile to a customer account.

Questions on what I thought would be important for the Consultant position, and why I'd be a good asset to their firm.
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone synopsis of the position. Awesome

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half in June 2010.

Interview

This recruiting agency operates differently than most in the IT field. They require candidates to come to their office for some face-time before they will submit to their client. They also want to collect a lot of personal information during this interview (including social security number). Their pay rates are below industry average and I'm certain that they are taking a larger percentage than other agencies. I've dealt with several recruiters at RHT. One was okay and would respond to my email inquiries. The other two were pretty green and would only respond if they wanted to move forward to the next step. I did eventually go to a client on-site interview but the RHT recruiter did not have the experience or drive to close the deal. I would email him weekly on status just for him to respond, "still working on it." I think he would still respond the same if I asked him for status today.