Robert Half Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Interview

Brief and easy. Go in, answer a few questions on your background, explain a few processes in your work and how you would accomplish a few tasks, provide references and wait.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain your best strongpoint when it comes to backend development.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I interviewed at Robert Half (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

This was one of my worst interview experiences so far. I found out about the position through a general Facebook post in a student group by a recruiter. The advertisement did not name the exact company or position, and just said "financial firm seeking recent graduates" and "send resume to learn more." I am an unemployed recent graduate, and so did so to find out more details. The recruiter had an email address that did not have association to do with Robert Half, and the company was not listed or named in the initial email exchange. Two days later this random phone number called me and it is this woman who is conducting an initial phone interview. I had no notice and it was not scheduled ahead of time, and I was out grocery shopping. I was caught off guard and did my best to answer the questions being busy and not prepared. The woman interviewing me was not happy with my responses, but instead of simply saying "we don't think you are a good fit", began to tell me how Robert Half is a big marketing firm well known and very competitive, and I seemed ambitious through my resume, but over the phone I did not know what I'm doing and my interview skills were poor. I am taken aback because had I been given useful information beforehand, as basic as the recruiter formally naming the position and the company, I would've done research. I also do not appreciate how there was no scheduling and I was randomly called for a phone interview. If this is how the company operates, I am happy to have done poorly as I would not have wanted to be in a work environment that operates like so.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was more like a two way conversation nothing like most interviews where they just drill you with questions. Extremely friendly staff and they made the whole process very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Do you thunk this position interest you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked what i expected for my compensation. We had a decision about the benefits and pto

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Started with filling out paperwork followed by standard q&a in a panel format - went over job history, skills, experience, short/long-term needs, etc. Well known name but would have liked to come away with a better feel of why it would be a great place to work and what set them apart in my area of interest. Also would have liked to hear if they had a consistent presence at certain companies but they did not disclose much aside from citing names in the local area but without any detail beyond that.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Great interview process. Very helpful and supportive of career growth. A great place to start out to add software/experience to your resume! They have a very large clientele and you never know if one of the roles you're temping for becomes permanent.

Interview Questions

• How is your Microsoft Excel skills?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Robert Half in August 2014.

Interview

I came in to interview and was coached on updates to my resume to make me more marketable. I felt as if my skills were recognized and was comfortable discussing my experience. I think if I had known they wanted more "vanilla" HR people, I would have developed a different kind of resume.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

phone call for basic info and interview. Emaieled paperwork to offfice then go into office next day for more paperwork. Needed to sign contracts including arbitration and NDAs. You wont have to fill out most of the in office papers as most of them contained info you filled out in the emailed paperwork. Very easy process. Then another phone interview but with the client.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I talked to 3 separate managers. The first manager was more general and concerned about how I handled specific social situations. The latter two interviews were more technical and in depth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Austin, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

On going interview. I attented the phone interview in which i gave a detailed description of the work i had been doing. I had prepared for this before and recruiter seemed impressed by my experience. I am still to attend the on site interview and was looking around to see what this would consist off.

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic technical questions about my field in the phone interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Stamford, CT) in May 2008.

Interview

Robert Half Technology is a recruiting agency that I initially interviewed for a few years ago at a different location and had to restart the process since it's been awhile and the recruiter that was searching opportunities for me was no longer there anyways. They do full time and consulting placements (temp).

I was contacted by them by phone by an impressed recruiter phone a few months before I came in, for a temp web related opportunity that I was not interested in. Then later on when I was looking for a better opportunity, I went in, filled out papers (employment history, what I'm looking for, etc).

I sat down with the same nice and polite recruiter who looked at my paper work, was impressed by my resume and one of the first questions was what my most current/recent salary was. I declined to answer since I didn't want my next rate to be based upon that. After some talking, he respected my decision but noted that his clients may want to know and it could make or break an opportunity. He asked what type of opportunity I was looking for, what industry, etc.

He wanted to expand my opportunities since I also was familiar with front end and design work and introduced me to a recruiter for Creative Group, which is a division of Robert Half. She asked what type of work I was looking for.

The building the office was in is very luxurious, unfortunately tech consultants/employees don't work in that location, only the recruiters. The people seemed a lot nicer in Stamford than other branches. They were interested in what I want, to best match their clients. I like how they make sure their candidates know their stuff by giving skills test, as many other recruiting agencies do not care to meet you or test you, especially when other recruiting agencies have offshore recruiters.

My advice is to at least give salary requirements (a wide range) so that recruiters could have an idea of what you're looking for. Also you may want to touch up your skills before taking the tests. You are allowed to retake tests whenever, just walk in.

They have been good at researching and following up with opportunities, even at a start of a rough economic time.

Interview Questions

• What is your most current/recent salary/rate?   1 Answer
    • What kind of opportunities are you interested in? What industry?   Answer Question