Robert Half Contract Employee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Contract Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

I reviewed job ops on the Robert Half Management Resources website and posted my resume. I was called by an account executive who saw my resume and thought I would be a good fit for one of their clients. This division of Robert Half primarily provides contract/project work it's clients. He asked me to go through my resume describing my previous experience. Then I was invited to the office for an 1:1 interview.

When I walked into the office, there was a large reception area with alot of activity (applicants). Some applicants were wearing suits while others were dressed casually. Somewhere in the office I noticed several different division names. One was Accountemps, another was Technology. I was relieved to know that they weren't all here for the same opportunity.

I had a 1:1 interview with a different individual than I had spoken with on the phone. Same process...walked the person through my resume. Then I was told that this contract position was related to SOX compliance and was asked to describe my previous SOX experience in detail.

The next day I had phone interview with the client. The person who had interviewed me the day before was with me. He coached me before the call. I went through the same SOX experience description with the client. They agreed to hire me (as a consultant). My work lasted for 4 weeks and I was paid an hourly rate by Robert Half.

The interviewers are professional accountants and are very well dressed.

They had a room of computers for applicant testing. I took an Excel test, which was very straightforward

Interview Questions

• You'll be considered a "subject matter expert" by the client. How will you tackle this project (as had been described).   Answer Question
  • How long of a commitment are you able to make to this client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told that my rate for this project and other future projects would be based upon the rate that the client had negotiated with Robert Half