Robert Half IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half IT Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.5

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Simple Phone interview, very straightforward with the recruiters, they helped me find stuff i would not have found otherwise. They were very courteous and helpful in my search for a job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Very simple and easy to fly by not many questions were asked. The interview lasted 25 minutes of talking about yourself and what motivates you, afterwards, you speak to the account manager. Basically, just him/her introducing themselves to you.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Southfield, MI) in September 2012.

Interview

A phone call to my home, within a couple of days a face to face interview, within one week I was working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

21.00 usd per hour

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview went well. I had skills that were in demand and so they were very interested in me. I interviewed with a recruiter from the Contracting side and another from the full time side. After discussing my resume and talking about my skills we honed in on the type of position I would be interested in. Later they brought in the entire contractor sales team to meet me, I think there was a total of 9 people in the room! I talked to them briefly and repeated some of the stuff already gone over as well as asking a few more questions. Finally it was back down to just the two of them and we discussed specifics of the available positions and salary requirements. The interview was about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Specifically, if a customer asks us to create a website and database how comfortable are you with those kinds of tasks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked for an initial range I was looking for and immediately went to the bottom of that range.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Sit in lobby with a lot of other applicants...fill out papers, prior to seeing your party..then once in office interviewed where you may have another person come in and cross question you..annoyingno

Negotiation

none...this is the maximum take it or leave it...

IT Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview was mainly centered on my resume. Interviewer asked questions to probe into the details of my previous experience. The people are ok. the job is not permanent but more of a temp job

Interview Questions

• how would you rate your technical expertise in excel (or any other computer program)   1 Answer
    • What was the most challenging aspect of your last position   1 Answer

Negotiation

The basis for pay negotiation is most recent pay. For the best outcome, know the market rates of your profession, request for a few dollars below the high limit and hint that yo may be willing to accept less, depending on the other benefits the job presents to you.