Robert Half Recruiter/Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Recruiter/Sales Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA).

Interview

Referred by a friend. Two phone interviews, followed by 2 in person interviews with multiple managers including director and various team members. Strong emphasis on what you can offer the company and how, through your work ethic/sales pitch. No IT or recruiting experience but still offered the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I interviewed for a job with a client and they asked me about working for them internally. I must have met with 15 people and I had to come back 3 or 4 times. It's annoying because every time I came in I had to pay for my parking which is really expensive.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I knew about Robert Half.   1 Answer
    • They tried to trick me at the end of the interview process, saying that a client of theirs had what I would have described as "the perfect job". They wanted to know if I was interested in that. I could tell what they were trying to do - and they later confirmed it after I was hired. They were looking to see if I really wanted to work as a recruiter, or if I might be lured into a job with one of their clients.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Long interview with who would be my boss, then sat in to review what I'd be doing, then went back for an interview with the area lead to never receive word on anything afterwards. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2010.

Interview

This company seemed unprofessional. They called to set up a phone interview and then took 3 days to actually set it up. I moved on from this step, and had the 1:1 interview. It was relatively easy, your average and basic interview questions; in the end I did not get the job, and they are still looking to fill this and other positions. I learned that the turn over at this company is frequent for many reasons. It was a blessing in disguise that they did not recognize the talent sitting in front of them.

Recruiter/Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Initial phone conversation oversold benefits (I was told I'd easily make 6 figures in my first year...which sounds great, but is highly unlikely). I felt as though the manager was telling me what I wanted to hear rather than having a sincere conversation with me. My face to face interview was very unorganized. I was asked to spend time with a manager last minute and she led me all over the place as she did her job. This would have been great if I actually learned something from it, but my takeaway was that everyone was constantly stressed and never had a minute to focus on any one thing. I then got a call with a verbal offer for a position and a promise of a written offer in a few days. Several weeks later, I have left messages and emails with the manager with no response. A friend who works for RHI even called and had the manager tell him that he planned to get in touch with me that day....that was almost 2 weeks ago. Overall, I feel as though the company's high turnover contributes to a sense of getting as many people in an interview as possible and take the person who is likely to stay for more than 6 months at a low base salary.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a recruiter?   1 Answer

I was very back and forth about recruiting as I don't see myself doing it long-term and it doesn't seem to transfer well to other industries. However, my offer was generous and had the potential to push me in the right direction for a professional career. Unfortunately, as I said previously, the manager has been MIA since he made the offer. While I was warming up to the idea of working for RHI, this lack of professionalism has completely turned me off to the company. In other words, why would I want to work for a manager who is already frustrating and uncommunicative?

Recruiter/Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half in October 2009.

Interview

Initial phone and then in person interiews with several people

Interview Questions

• Will you be happy in a position that does not include a management component?   2 Answers

Accepted another offer