Robert Half Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

139 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Started out with rapport and mostly talked about myself and my experience. The hiring manager seemed very pleasant and excited to be interviewing a new candidate for her team. Shadowed four people on the second round which I found very helpful in getting to know the work and the culture of the company.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview, and was then invited for an in-person interview. Following the in-person, interview, I was invited in for a final in-person interview.

I did not have a good experience interviewing with this company. This does not come off as a female-friendly work environment. I was asked how I felt about working in a team that is male dominated and has a "fratty" (for lack of a better word) culture. I was sitting down at one point talking to an employee, and another employee stood a couple feet in front of me and blatantly scratched his private parts. It was a pretty uncomfortable day.

At the end of my final interview, the hiring manager said he'd call me the next day to discuss salary and other specifics. I never heard back from him (which was a relief, frankly), but then his manager contacted me a couple times to see where I was in the process. They did not come across as very organized.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Overall pretty simple. Started with a phone screening, then an in-person interview, then you come into shadow. You talk to multiple people and they try to teach you about themselves and their work at Robert Half

Recruiter Interview

Interview

The interview was a prolonged process that seem to not have a specific time frame of when they were willing to hire. Other than that, the interviews weren't very tough to read or get along with.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Relatively easy. Two rounds one with the branch manager and 3 members of the team and lastly with the regional manager. All behavioral/tell me about your skills. First round was in the office and pretty straight forward. The second round was an Skype interview with the Regional Manager in Dallas that had to do more about my skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience managing portfolios and/or projects? How do you handle the stress and multitasking?   1 Answer
    • You don't have a lot of experience with sales. What qualifies you for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

I was contacted regarding an Analyst position. A recruiter did a Skype interview with me and decided I might be a fit for the internal team there. I went in for an interview with a director- questions were basic and the office was a dump. I then came back for another "shadowing" day, where I shadowed the individual who initially contacted me for the position. In addition, I met with a woman who was extremely rude and confrontational. It was almost comical. While I was there "shadowing" the individual I was "shadowing" ignored numerous phone calls from potential candidates and laughed it off. I was basically told I would be getting an offer in a week. A week rolled around. Nothing. I followed up. I was sent to his voicemail, which was particularly annoying because I saw him purposely ignore candidates when I was there. It has been two weeks and I have followed up three times and have not received any feedback. Incredibly unprofessional and a waste of time. Joke of a company.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

This company is literally a JOKE. I've never had such a bad experience when interviewing for jobs until Robert Half. They literally won't call you back. Don't waste your time.

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

The initial phone screen went great! I discussed my qualifications for the Internal Recruiter opportunity, salary requirements and extensive experience in Recruiting. We seemed to agree on Recruiting philosophies and Recruitment styles. An interview was scheduled to interview at their Biltmore location late in the evening to accommodate both of our schedules. Fast forward, I was escorted to a room to interview. Twenty minutes later, the Interviewer opens the door and gazes at me gracelessly, hesitantly extends her hand, introduces herself and apologizes for arriving late due to "a meeting". We discussed my background, I shared my passion for Business Development, Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement. The Recruitment Manager seemed very uncomfortable.
    Eventually, the Interviewer brought in someone that she identified as a top leader. The Interviewer walked in and seemed very uncomfortable with my presence. I was asked the same repetitive questions and advised, "I'll take your resume and give it to my Recruiters to help you find a position-I'll email you"..Long and short, I haven't heard from either.
    What amazes me is the company's declaration that they are dedicated to diversity; however, my entrance into this location proved otherwise. Ironically enough, some of my culturally diverse, degree'd, experienced professional colleagues experienced the same treatment. This is 2017, broaden your horizon’s.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

It was pretty easy, I went in at the Fremont branch, they definitely asked about every point on my resume and wanted specific details about it. Also it is located right by the Bart station so it's a really convenient location to work.

Interview Questions

• How did your previous work experience help you to grow as an individual and how can you apply it here with RH?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to travel and meet with corporate clients and make connections with them?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to make cold calls and potentially be subjected to negative reactions over the phone? (Need to make 155 calls every three weeks.)   Answer Question

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Robert Half (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then an in-person interview and a quick job shadow. Really positive, answered my questions and was very upfront about the position. Process took a little long, but you could tell they were really looking for a good candidate.