Robert Half Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

It was pretty easy, I went in at the Fremont branch, they definitely asked about every point on my resume and wanted specific details about it. Also it is located right by the Bart station so it's a really convenient location to work.

Interview Questions

• How did your previous work experience help you to grow as an individual and how can you apply it here with RH?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to travel and meet with corporate clients and make connections with them?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to make cold calls and potentially be subjected to negative reactions over the phone? (Need to make 155 calls every three weeks.)   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

first there was a phone screen. Then either a skype or in person interview i lived in the area so I came in person. Last there was one more in person interview with regional manager and the branch manager of the team I applied to.

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Wayne, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fine, but the offer process was lacking. The interview started with a phone screen to understand interest level. The second step was to meet with 3 of the recruiting staff to review my experience and to learn about the position. I came back in a final time to learn about the compensation package (which wasn't provided at that time) and to visit the bull pen to see what I typical day looks like. Finally, I received a verbal offer if I was interested they would bring me on board. However, they didn't offer up any compensation package details, holiday/PTO, benefits information. When I asked for all of that information, they offer was reneged because, "if I was going to be successful at this position", the entire package information shouldn't sway my decision. By asking for basic information they should have volunteered, they got skittish. Surprising, since recruiters give job offers for a living. I feel like this is something they should understand. My leaving impression of this company is that they work as a factory and do not consider the relationships involved with their clients or candidates as valuable commodities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you need compensation and benefits information before accepting this offer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Long interview process helps ensure that this is the right company and position for you. Everyone was very nice and informative. There was an opportunity to ask alot of questions and meet with multiple people from all backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Relatively quick process as it should be for staffing firm, that's all about rushing the process for deals...phone screen,,,couple face to face...but internal politics strung out the process...all in all not bad...typical of staffing firms

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Sacramento, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward in what they asked and let me know when they wanted me to expand on certain things, i met with two people and was offered the job two days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a recruiter?   1 Answer

Recruiter/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA).

Interview

Referred by a friend. Two phone interviews, followed by 2 in person interviews with multiple managers including director and various team members. Strong emphasis on what you can offer the company and how, through your work ethic/sales pitch. No IT or recruiting experience but still offered the job.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

If you have a pulse and are decently attractive they will hire you. Like it's that simple. Most people have zero recruiting experience. You meet with you boss and their boss. The whole thing took 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk on the phone?   1 Answer

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Quincy, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Went in for 3 separate interviews at their Boston office and took a skills test, was told I would hear back in 2-3 business days. They never responded at all despite having followed up numerous times. New grads beware! Do not work here they will message anyone on LinkedIn just to put them through the ringer. Super rude and unprofessional. Most companies would at least sent a courtesy "unfortunately you did not get the job" everyone working there seemed miserable. Pretty much a telemarketing job.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (North Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Received email in regards to my application. Had 2 face to face interviews where I talked with the hiring manager and one of the lead recruiters. Hiring manager showed me the teams I would be working with and got a call back the following werk.

Interview Questions

• What's your technical knowledge when it comes to IT?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with stress?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rate is non negotiable, a lot of benefits but only available to view once hired.