Robert Half Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.4

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Robert Half in September 2016.

Interview

I met with 2 hiring managers and than a group panel. Overall, it was a great experience that helped me get ready for difficult interview questions in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why should they hire me?
      How do I handle difficult people?
      What management profiles do you not like?   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Appleton, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional process. It was a 4 week process as I saw another similar review complaint and should of listed to my gut instincts and all the red flags along the way. They wasted my time having me convinced I had the job, even offered me the position and asked if I could start on a certain day only to tell me I needed yet another random phone interview after he offered the job and did my reference check. The 3rd one interview the guy canceled last minute and then when we had our rescheduled interview he called late. I was kept hanging the 4 weeks thinking I had the job and the last interview went no different than the first two and I was told I didn't get it because he didn't get the vibe he wanted since I didn't reveal personal information with the guy about my life or ask for details about his, which he sounded very rushed and with no interest to hear personal info or wanting to have a deep conversation with me. I've always learned through college listen first and respond based on the tone and body language you pick up since it's not professional to dive deep into a personal conversation like I was supposedly supposed to do since not everyone is comfortable doing that right away without getting to know a person.

Interview Questions

• Uncomfortable questions and just random questions that didn't pertain to the job.   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Ramon, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone screenings with two different recruiters. Proficiency test completed for excel. One recruiter told me I did not perform well and should lower my expectations on hourly wage. Other recruiter told me I did good on it. Hmmmm...why the discrepancy? Made me feel like they were trying to bully me into a lower wage from the beginning.
    A 2 hour interview for an entry-level position. 2 hours, 6 people. Is that really necessary? They basically tore my resume apart and dissected every position I've every had. Again, this was for an entry-level job that I was more than qualified for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what would be your ideal job.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Interview

Was told about a position which needed someone to fill in ASAP. I did a face to face interview with a Robert Half recruiter. Pointless by the way as this type of interview is a way for them choose people on how they look. They then said that they would get me a face to face with the client by the end of the week. I didn't hear back so I emailed and got a response to check back next week. I emailed and called several times and the recruiter never returned my calls after I left my info with his secretary. One day I lied about my name to the secretary and he picked up. He told me that he's been busy and that he doesn't have any responsibility to reach out to the client, that someone else in the company is working it. At this point I gave up and recommend no one use these company. They only want your info and references so they can add it to their database.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Robert Half (Nashville, TN) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview with Robert Half Accounting Services was Extremely rushed and Extremely unprofessional. The Robert Half recruiter acted uninterested and rude. I submitted paperwork several times. It was lost. The company essentially blamed me for their poor performance.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Dearborn, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I appiled online for the customer service was told that I should apply for data entry she sent the test but my computer did not have all plug ins I ask to come in office near me thats were the rejection started at the Dearborn MI office

Interview Questions

• Do I know they only have temporarily position its not worth coming up there   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

The Calgary office is located on the 42nd floor of Bankers Hall West. I interviewed with three people and had a very nice experience. Taylor took the extra time to critique my interview style and my resume. I appreciate the feedback and hope to benefit from his expertise.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your greatest value lies, as an employee? What would make me want to hire you?   Answer Question
    • When you say expert Excel level? What do you mean, exactly? Macros? Pivot Tables? (yes)

Fantastic. I've had some people come in here and say that they are experts because they know where the autosum function is, lol   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initially recruited during interview for regular permanent job. For internal positions, there can be up to 7 or 8 interviews, including multi-hour sit-in style. Lots of role-playing. Sometimes can be sent to interview at other branches/locations, which can double the number of interviews. Takes up to several weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Role-playing how to meet the needs of a client asking for support for their SEC reporting function.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base salary is negligible, uncapped commission structure is the only sell. Really nothing to negotiate.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Hartford, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. more than one person. hiring manager plus team I would be working with. personality test plus skills test. interview took one half hour.

Interview Questions

• How my experience related to the position   1 Answer

Software QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

The process - receive call from recruiter who asks says he's looking for someone with my exact skill set, and do I know of anyone with those skills. Me, fighting the urge to call the recruiter a moron for contacting me without even bothering to read my resume, read each point on my resume and laugh as the recruiter gets excited. Then I ignore them.

Interview Questions

• To the recruiter - Why are you wasting my time contacting me if you're too lazy to read my resume?   Answer Question