Robert Half Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.4

Recruiter Interview

Interview

The interview was a prolonged process that seem to not have a specific time frame of when they were willing to hire. Other than that, the interviews weren't very tough to read or get along with.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I interviewed at Robert Half (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

This was one of my worst interview experiences so far. I found out about the position through a general Facebook post in a student group by a recruiter. The advertisement did not name the exact company or position, and just said "financial firm seeking recent graduates" and "send resume to learn more." I am an unemployed recent graduate, and so did so to find out more details. The recruiter had an email address that did not have association to do with Robert Half, and the company was not listed or named in the initial email exchange. Two days later this random phone number called me and it is this woman who is conducting an initial phone interview. I had no notice and it was not scheduled ahead of time, and I was out grocery shopping. I was caught off guard and did my best to answer the questions being busy and not prepared. The woman interviewing me was not happy with my responses, but instead of simply saying "we don't think you are a good fit", began to tell me how Robert Half is a big marketing firm well known and very competitive, and I seemed ambitious through my resume, but over the phone I did not know what I'm doing and my interview skills were poor. I am taken aback because had I been given useful information beforehand, as basic as the recruiter formally naming the position and the company, I would've done research. I also do not appreciate how there was no scheduling and I was randomly called for a phone interview. If this is how the company operates, I am happy to have done poorly as I would not have wanted to be in a work environment that operates like so.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Had initial phone interview, although they said I wasn't qualified for the job I applied that they had other positions which I was qualified for. However no mention of what those supposive jobs were. Every time I applied for them they would say the job I applied for had been filled or I wasn't qualified even though I was.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Relatively easy. Two rounds one with the branch manager and 3 members of the team and lastly with the regional manager. All behavioral/tell me about your skills. First round was in the office and pretty straight forward. The second round was an Skype interview with the Regional Manager in Dallas that had to do more about my skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience managing portfolios and/or projects? How do you handle the stress and multitasking?   1 Answer
    • You don't have a lot of experience with sales. What qualifies you for this position?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Meet with the recruiter and then the manager to explain the process for temp placement and perm assignments. The interviewers were very professional and reviewed the available options and straightforward as to how they would assist you.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience and what role are you looking for, the interview process was pleasant and more of a conversation about opportunities than a traditional interview.   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview only lasted for 15 minutes. The interviewer was pretty friendly. Overall it was an easy interview. You just have to prepare, perform yourself and you are good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

I was contacted regarding an Analyst position. A recruiter did a Skype interview with me and decided I might be a fit for the internal team there. I went in for an interview with a director- questions were basic and the office was a dump. I then came back for another "shadowing" day, where I shadowed the individual who initially contacted me for the position. In addition, I met with a woman who was extremely rude and confrontational. It was almost comical. While I was there "shadowing" the individual I was "shadowing" ignored numerous phone calls from potential candidates and laughed it off. I was basically told I would be getting an offer in a week. A week rolled around. Nothing. I followed up. I was sent to his voicemail, which was particularly annoying because I saw him purposely ignore candidates when I was there. It has been two weeks and I have followed up three times and have not received any feedback. Incredibly unprofessional and a waste of time. Joke of a company.

Temporary Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a Skype interview. The recruiter sent me a confirmation email requesting information and alerting me that I would receive an email prompting me to set up an account. The morning of the day of the interview, I did not receive the email to sign up for the account, so I reached out to the recruiter to make sure she received my information, as I had not received the automated emails expected. No response. Ten minutes before the interview, the recruiter called me and notified me she needed to change the time of our interview as she was "too busy". This happened three times that day, the original time for my interview was 11:30. The third time she rescheduled, she decided to hand me off to a co-worker for a 2:30 interview. I asked to reschedule for the next day.

The next day the co-worker called me, who was obviously in training. He had another co-worker with him, who I am assuming was his trainer. I have no contact information for either of these employees. He asked me a couple of generic interview questions, before passing me off to his co-worker. She then explained that I would have to "settle" and was completely depreciating in her explanation of the jobs that were available. Also, she told me that I should contact previous offers that I had turned down to attempt to get hired there.

Overall, I was completely dissatisfied with the entire process, and more than a little upset with the amount of my time they wasted. I do not appreciate a recruiter telling me that I need to settle, or being brushed off in order to be a part of an employees training program.

I have a bachelors degree and have worked for multiple Fortune 300 companies. The experience with Robert Half was completely unprofessional.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

This company is literally a JOKE. I've never had such a bad experience when interviewing for jobs until Robert Half. They literally won't call you back. Don't waste your time.

Accounts Payable Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

I thought it was an interview for the position but it turns out it was just information for the recruiters to find a perfect position. I thought it was nice but it wasn't really that beneficial for me.