Robert Half Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,026 Interview Reviews

2.3

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Pasadena, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was supposed to be a Facetime interview, but the iPads at their office weren't working so it was a phone conversation. I took some MS Office tests they sent me from the comforts of my home, then went into their office for an in-person meeting.

Interview Questions

• We discussed my office administrative experience.   1 Answer

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

its very one sided, where recruiter asked about strengths and experience, i applied for contracts manager but got more of paralegal job of legal consultant, something am not very interested but ok to do.

Interview Questions

• not many questions, just asking about yourself, experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Out of State Applicant - Inquired about local paralegal positions with recruiter Rachel via phone, and scheduled an in person interview. My process was a lot different from what I learned from people that went on initial screenings and/or interviews. Robert Half Legal treats applicants differently based on: local vs out of state, race and ethnicity, and I heard from some people, age also plays a significant factor regarding selection and current opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to lower you salary requirements (community members around the Denver area, cautioned about this type of situation)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied to multiple jobs online and finally received a request for an interview within a few weeks of applying. I interviewed in the DC office and the interview lasted about 10 minutes (that was with me asking questions). I have been on other interviews with staffing companies and the other interviewers were significantly more prepared.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I have a car, if location of the work matters, what pay I am looking for. The interviewer also reviewed my resume and asked basis questions and that was it. Very short.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Robert Half (Washington, DC).

Interview

If you have a JD and need to work as a paralegal, seriously consider pursuing another line of work. If you are stuck in the doc review hamster wheel, they really don't want you-- even of licensed. However, if you have an area of expertise, even in the volunteer realm, give them a call, but you have to be persuasive.

Interview Questions

• General questions probing as to why I want a job of lesser prestige , whether i would stay in a position of placed and not run to a "big law" job.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Interviewed with someone who basically said I would have to start of as receptionist due to my lack of experience. Never heard back from them. Interview questions was just going through my resume and my past work experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I went for an interview. The process consists on filling forms, and then you get a personal interview that lasts around 20 minutes. This first interview is basically a way of getting to know you better. They offer temporary jobs, as well as full time jobs, but they get a commission of your salary if they find you a job. You have a benefits package which is available after you land your first job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to earn less than what you expect?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Robert Half in August 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of the supervising atty giving me a hurried run-down of what the company does and little about what they actually want me to do on the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fast, erratic

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

My overall admittance experience consisted of a skills test: Word, Legal Tests (mostly definitions of some basic legal terms) and the test for speed of typing. After that an interview with the recruiter. Also went very smooth, no difficult questions, just some general conversation about your background and what RHL can do and how they do things.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do it for you

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online, not quite realizing that it was a staffing agency. I got to the Atlanta office 10 minutes early, and had to fill out an online questionaire at their office and another paper application. They had an entire floor dedicated to their offices, and the main office was empty, clearly being used for mass interviews. There wer about 8 other candidates there with me. Our recruiters came and took us for individual interviews. They made it clear that it was a staffing agency only in the interview. Beware their "job" postings online, they are only trying to suck in candidates! My recruiter was very nice and interested in getting my career goals met, but two and a half months later, nothing has happened. Do not set your heart on getting a job through them.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know every place you've applied to and given a resume to, and for you to fill them in on your job hunt. What they really want is to get a cut from your job!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, walked out of the interview "retained" by them, but no jobs from them.