Robert Half Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.4

Temporary Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a Skype interview. The recruiter sent me a confirmation email requesting information and alerting me that I would receive an email prompting me to set up an account. The morning of the day of the interview, I did not receive the email to sign up for the account, so I reached out to the recruiter to make sure she received my information, as I had not received the automated emails expected. No response. Ten minutes before the interview, the recruiter called me and notified me she needed to change the time of our interview as she was "too busy". This happened three times that day, the original time for my interview was 11:30. The third time she rescheduled, she decided to hand me off to a co-worker for a 2:30 interview. I asked to reschedule for the next day.

The next day the co-worker called me, who was obviously in training. He had another co-worker with him, who I am assuming was his trainer. I have no contact information for either of these employees. He asked me a couple of generic interview questions, before passing me off to his co-worker. She then explained that I would have to "settle" and was completely depreciating in her explanation of the jobs that were available. Also, she told me that I should contact previous offers that I had turned down to attempt to get hired there.

Overall, I was completely dissatisfied with the entire process, and more than a little upset with the amount of my time they wasted. I do not appreciate a recruiter telling me that I need to settle, or being brushed off in order to be a part of an employees training program.

I have a bachelors degree and have worked for multiple Fortune 300 companies. The experience with Robert Half was completely unprofessional.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

This company is literally a JOKE. I've never had such a bad experience when interviewing for jobs until Robert Half. They literally won't call you back. Don't waste your time.

Accounts Payable Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

I thought it was an interview for the position but it turns out it was just information for the recruiters to find a perfect position. I thought it was nice but it wasn't really that beneficial for me.

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

The initial phone screen went great! I discussed my qualifications for the Internal Recruiter opportunity, salary requirements and extensive experience in Recruiting. We seemed to agree on Recruiting philosophies and Recruitment styles. An interview was scheduled to interview at their Biltmore location late in the evening to accommodate both of our schedules. Fast forward, I was escorted to a room to interview. Twenty minutes later, the Interviewer opens the door and gazes at me gracelessly, hesitantly extends her hand, introduces herself and apologizes for arriving late due to "a meeting". We discussed my background, I shared my passion for Business Development, Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement. The Recruitment Manager seemed very uncomfortable.
    Eventually, the Interviewer brought in someone that she identified as a top leader. The Interviewer walked in and seemed very uncomfortable with my presence. I was asked the same repetitive questions and advised, "I'll take your resume and give it to my Recruiters to help you find a position-I'll email you"..Long and short, I haven't heard from either.
    What amazes me is the company's declaration that they are dedicated to diversity; however, my entrance into this location proved otherwise. Ironically enough, some of my culturally diverse, degree'd, experienced professional colleagues experienced the same treatment. This is 2017, broaden your horizon’s.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was good. It was held in an informal setting and the questions were not difficult. It felt more like a conversation. The interviewer was very candid. Overall a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Robert Half (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a good interview. The hiring managers are very nice and they are just trying to find out more about the candidate. First I Skype called with the hiring manager, then they brought me into the office, and lastly the brought me into the office for s final time to shadow some employees on the floor.

Legal Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Robert Half in June 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume to RH by email. A recruiter contacted me by phone to ask if I am available for an interview. The we exchanged Skype names. The interview was next week, 30-min interview, standard questions, great energy and attitude from interviewer.

Interview Questions

• explain gaps in work history   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Oakland, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 day. First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. The phone interview was less than 15 minutes long . A week later, I interviewed at the office (just to get to know you questions and go through your resume).

Administrative/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Baldwin Park, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I sent my application online, 2 days after, I received a call for phone interview. Recruiter set me up for a FaceTime interview the next day. There were set of assessments to be done at home. She also sent me forms thru email to be filled out and submitted before the video conference. Interview was done by 2 recruiters. Asked me basic questions about my work experiences, skills, etc. The interview went very well. The male recruiter actually likes me and seemed very excited to get me a job. He said they have a client looking for a candidate and he said I am a fit. Before the conference ended, he said he will contact this client to set me up for an in person interview. He said he will get back to me asap and this is an urgent hire. It's been 3 weeks, never heard from them. I think they should be more professional. Applicants always want to hear any kind of update.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

brief, to the point, questions based on my resume, met with multiple members of the team one after the other who all asked me the same set of pointed questions about my resume as the previous one