Robert Half Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Robert Half

2,034 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Robert Half (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was long and drawn out and went very well. They like taking their time with the process to ensure that you have all the desired qualifications for the position. The interviews were in panel and individual form. I really enjoyed the hiring process and would do it again in a second!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was on time and very professional. The process was quick and also very informative. I only met with one person and we met for about forty five minutes. We discussed references and work history. No mention of salaries or start dates.

Interview Questions

• She asked me if I was interviewing with other firms.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process took less than twenty minutes to complete. I was expecting more in depth discussion of my work experience and what I was looking for in my next assignment. The questions did not allow me to flex my knowledge as they were very basic interview questions - location, travel, relocation, salary. Had to sign paperwork and contracts.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

It was easy and the people were friendly. They make you fell comfortable and lets you know that you dont have to choose a job that you dont like. I like who I interviewed with. I would do it again for sure. Only dislike is how far the office is for the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Interview

Great and informative. Very interested in past experience and in helping me find new jobs that were temp to hire. I highly recommend this company to anyone that is looking for a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Allowed to choose jobs.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Ramon, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Pretty straightforward but a lot of interviews - I met with 2 recruiters from their field office, then a recruiter from the corporate HQ. After that I met with three managers and finally a VP. That's a lot of time to commit to find out if you match skills and cultural fit!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They make salary guides for employers - not really in a position to negotiate there! My advice, get the job, and negotiate your promotion. Otherwise, negotiate for a revised job title, etc.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview to gage my interest and make sure my skills matched the position. Followed by a Skype interview that was more formal but also touched on what skills I had. Then there was an in person interview with client that was more like a traditional interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with people from different departments that have opposing views?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Irvine, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with a recruiter about 2 Java Developer positions that were allegedly available. I was given 3 online tests to take prior to our in-person meeting. I had to pay for parking and Robert Half wouldn't validate it. Instead, they passed the buck to a cafe in the center of the campus that only partially validated my ticket. After testing below the global average on all 3 tests, the recruiter still insisted on meeting in person in order to "get my paperwork in." Once we met, I was told that both positions had been filled and that my skills and education were obsolete.

Interview Questions

• Why are you printing your resume on two sides?   Answer Question
    • If you see a job that interests you online, don't apply for it. Instead send it to me because I can talk my way into any company.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half in August 2015.

Interview

After reading reviews here, since I still believe in goodness in human natures, I applied online and got an email to set up a call "interview" after a couple days. The phone interview started by saying that it would be really difficult for me to get any job because I do not have any experience. After trying to make me scared and nervous, then (which, thanks to previous reviews, I knew what will happen next), he started to ask me questions a recruiter would ask and telling me that I could ask him to apply jobs for me.
    When I said, "Well, thank you for all of that, it sounds really good. And I just have one small question I need you to clarify for me. What is the job title I applied for?"

He could not answer it.
    He could not answer it!
    He could not answer it!!
    He could not answer it!!!

Well, it was a funny interview, and I learned how to side-step questions.

P.S. I really admire his patience.

In conclusion, here are the steps they do:
    1. Make you feel they are friendly by finding something in common on your resume
    2. Scare you by stating that you will have a really difficult time finding jobs by yourself
    3. Ask which companies do you have interviews with and when are the interviews?
    4. Ask your skill set (that's right, they ask you whether you are good in CSS & HTML when you are applying for java developer)
    5. Salary requirement
    6. Lastly, tell you to ask them when you want to apply other jobs.

Interview Questions

• What other companies do you have interviews with?   1 Answer
    • When will you have those interviews?   1 Answer
    • What is your salary requirement?   1 Answer

Lead Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert Half (Boca Raton, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

I was actually temping with OfficeTeam when I was offered the position internally, I temped with RHI for a month then was put on perm internally.

Interview Questions

• Just be upfront and honest in the interview. You're not expected to work more than your 40 hours but the job is a lot to handle. Make sure your personal life doesn't get in the way of keeping your office under control.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting salary was non negotiable, I was told that I would receive a review at 6 months and my manager pushed hard for me to receive one - however I had to relocate before the raise was put through.