Robert Half Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Robert Half

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

This was a waste of time. The recruiter sought me out on Linkedin and I connected. Immediately after I got an email to my personal email without realizing that was how these types of people get your info. Had a small phone interview with M.C. Pohl from the Austin office, was invited in, was asked to fill out paperwork, which included a background check - and NEVER heard back. I have a feeling they just wanted access to my personal information for their database, but cannot verify. I reached out about 2 months after to see why I had not heard anything and was told it was because they had no roles that were suited for me. I do not recommend working with The Creative Group in Austin. Palladin had a more responsive team who actually seemed to want to help me find a job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Marketing Interview

Interview

i applied for a marketing position through the Creative Group (the position was at an outside company). The recruiter I worked with was extremely aggressive. After I applied for the position, she contacted me about taking an assessment test. When I told her I couldn't take the test during regular office hours because I would be at work, she scoffed at me. I took the test in plenty of time, passed, and scheduled an in person interview with the outside company.

I went to the interview and had a terrible experience--it was clear that I would not fit in with this company. So when my TCG recruiter asked if I was free for a second interview, I politely told met I was not interested. My recruiter then proceeded to email and call me nonstop asking why I wasn't interested. I was honest and said the company wasn't a good fit, but I was still interested in finding a full time job through TCG.

Fast forward a few month later, and I cannot get the recruiter to email me back. I have seen other opportunities through TCG that I cannot apply for because the recruiters only want to work with certain applications that are obviously ok with ring harassed by TCG and the companies they are placed with.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Columbia, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

When you register with office team, you go in fill out some papers (bring current professional reference information), and wait in the lobby for the recruiter to call you in. Dress professionally and bring extra copies of your resume. They tell you about the company and that they are a staffing agency, they have contact with the potential employer and if hired on you would actually be working for them for a disclosed amount of time until they take you on permanently. I was referred to the website for job availability.

Then the interview continued. I was asked what do you want to do? What salary are you willing to accept? Have you ever worked in a call center environment? Ect. Then they tell you about the positions that they have available to you. If you are interested he/she will set you up with a phone interview with the company. Then if that goes well the company will give them feedback and officeteam will set up the in person interview. If that goes well then you are hired.

Keep in mind that some of the starting salaries are on the low side, but do not be discouraged. It is the company's way of giving you a no obligation try out to see if they like you and your work. If all goes well they should want to take you on full time and your pay will increase by at least a few dollars an hour. It is also a way to get your foot in the door and work with the company.

I will say don't expect too much from the agency, as they have thousands of people they need to help find a job. They are your advocate and will help you, but be proactive and call them to check in every week! Good luck.

Interview Questions

• What kind of position are you looking for?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect for salary?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not at all, the posted pay is the posted pay until taken on at a permanent basis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2009.

Interview

I received a phone call from the lead recruiter asking me to come in for an interview. They had double booked an appointment on that day and I ended up waiting in the lobby for over 45 minutes. After a ton of paperwork, including all hiring forms, the recruiter I met with lectured me on why she couldn't place me based on my experience. I wasn't sure why she had asked me to come in, if there was nothing that she saw fit for my experience based on my resume.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

They collect info about your ability to work, etc.
    They ask questions about your experience and what you want to do.
    They are very nice and let you know if there's other positions that are a fit and if the job you applied for is a fit.
    Note that for each Robert Half office you visit you will do this process again and again.

Interview Questions

• If I called you tomorrow to do "x" would you be available?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

A quick and decisive panel followed by a few phone screens, overall a transparent and painless process.Hobest about the company and the position opportunities and challenges. It made for an easy and educated decision with so much transparency.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Robert Half (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Met in person, the recruiter asked me to send her my resume online with a pitch elevator and then no news even after my follow-ups. Not Really professional to ghost people after interviews in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I have tried to work with this company for a few years, and it has been a complete fail each time. My first interview was set up by a recruiter who never followed up or returned my calls, not even as a courtesy to advise that I was not selected to move forward. Decided I wouldn't do business with them again.

More than a year later I was contacted by a different recruiter for a senior management position. After multiple email exchanges, I completely rearranged my schedule to leave my office early, drive more than 70 minutes north in rush hour traffic for an interview. Once again, TGC never followed up with me, never returned my calls or messages for a status update.

TGC is an agency focused on sales, not on relationships or ethics. Save your time and energy and explore other agencies that are more professional and respectful of your time and expertise.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half in March 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen was pretty standard, but I made the real connection with one of the 2 recruiters I met with in person at their offices. We reviewed my resume, and the types of jobs/companies/functions I was interested in. Afterward I received feedback on how to improve my resume (note: you have to ask for this) for those types of jobs. After about 45min of conversation, one of the 2 recruiters mentioned a couple of open positions they were currently trying to place - we discussed them and I told them which ones I'd like to pursue.
    A few days later I got a call back from my recruiter about one of the positions - she wanted to get my availability for an in-person interview with the client. Client interview was scheduled within that same week. Had a second round, and then a mini-3rd round via phone (and recruiter called me within 20 min of each meeting to ask me how I thought it went).

Interview Questions

• describe a time where/when you failed or made a mistake   Answer Question

Negotiation

One of my interviews with their client was more willing to negotiate with salary than the other company. Be sure to be honest with your recruiter if you use the Creative Group to find a permanent full-time job and be prepared to move forward when they get you the minimum you stated