Robert Half Recruiting Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Recruiting Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.9

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

first there was a phone screen. Then either a skype or in person interview i lived in the area so I came in person. Last there was one more in person interview with regional manager and the branch manager of the team I applied to.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Wayne, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fine, but the offer process was lacking. The interview started with a phone screen to understand interest level. The second step was to meet with 3 of the recruiting staff to review my experience and to learn about the position. I came back in a final time to learn about the compensation package (which wasn't provided at that time) and to visit the bull pen to see what I typical day looks like. Finally, I received a verbal offer if I was interested they would bring me on board. However, they didn't offer up any compensation package details, holiday/PTO, benefits information. When I asked for all of that information, they offer was reneged because, "if I was going to be successful at this position", the entire package information shouldn't sway my decision. By asking for basic information they should have volunteered, they got skittish. Surprising, since recruiters give job offers for a living. I feel like this is something they should understand. My leaving impression of this company is that they work as a factory and do not consider the relationships involved with their clients or candidates as valuable commodities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you need compensation and benefits information before accepting this offer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Long interview process helps ensure that this is the right company and position for you. Everyone was very nice and informative. There was an opportunity to ask alot of questions and meet with multiple people from all backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Recruiting Manager Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Met first with the direct manager and then with the Regional. 2 step process I believe. Offer was made shortly after the second round. Pretty easy process overall.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, one of which consisted of a job-shadow segment. I really enjoyed the process and was treated with respect and made to feel important throughout, but certainly wasn't handed anything. I was asked challenging questions and was repeatedly presented with difficult hypothetical workplace scenarios and asked how I would handle said situation, and whether I could continue to handle it on an ongoing basis. The environment is fast-paced, but very welcoming. Highly competitive but very friendly. There is great work-life balance, but the work is intense while you're at it. It's not for everyone.

Interview Questions

• This is an environment that never slows down. Do you feel that in the long-term you will thrive in a continuously fast-moving workplace?   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half in October 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was at a local coffee house. We went over the company history, day to day operations, and what I was currently doing/where I've been. It was very casual and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to cold call potential clients? And what is your response to 'No"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was expedited because I had a few offers on the table. The first day I spent 4 hours and interviewed with 6 people. Very standard questions simply asking about my experience and why I would be a good addition to RH. Everyone was very friendly, honest, and upfront with me. I was taken into the back to meet several people from the team, ask them questions, and see what it would be like to work for RH. The next day I came in again for 3 hours. I interviewed through Skype with the Regional VP and then interviewed with 3 more individuals. On the 3rd day I Skyped from home with the President of RH. Within 2 days I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good asset for our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. We had discussed money in the beginning and were on the same page for where I wanted to be at. Offer letter came in the mail, so it was set in stone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy and relaxing, not very challenging. I have been with other companies in San Jose similar, but thought the global footprint would be more exciting long term. It's clear though that during interview, although they discuss career pathways and planning, they don't want someone focused two or three steps ahead, but are hoping for people who want to dig in for 10 years at an entry, draw-based job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Troy, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for a Recruiting Manager position. First interviewed with a supervisor followed by a branch manager the following week. I was told that I did not get the position after doing an assessment online. I was supposed to meet with the regional manager but I didn't meet their assessment testing requirements.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in recruiting over all other available positions?   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Had three interviews over three weeks with supervisors and team. Very upfront, open, informative. Provided excellent description of work required, including shadow opportunity. Felt comfortable that I knew what the job entailed.