Robert Half Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Oakland, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 day. First, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. The phone interview was less than 15 minutes long . A week later, I interviewed at the office (just to get to know you questions and go through your resume).

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

It was pretty easy, I went in at the Fremont branch, they definitely asked about every point on my resume and wanted specific details about it. Also it is located right by the Bart station so it's a really convenient location to work.

Interview Questions

• How did your previous work experience help you to grow as an individual and how can you apply it here with RH?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to travel and meet with corporate clients and make connections with them?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to make cold calls and potentially be subjected to negative reactions over the phone? (Need to make 155 calls every three weeks.)   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and everything was done electronically. First step was to complete the employment application, then a self assessment and skills test. Next was the oral interviews with managers tof different areas. Overall was a good experience, but have not heard anything back yet.

SAP Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Leandro, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Received a quick call with the position description. I cleared the first round of telephone and scheduled for an in-person interview. Everything was a perfect fit and later got a response by saying the position is on hold.
    There is no further follow-up or details.

Interview Questions

• Explain your past work experience related to this position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of a quick phone screen, where a recruiter asks about your background and the types of roles you are looking for. Then, they will invite you for an in person interview, where they will ask you about your resume and the responsibilities you had in your most recent role.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Ramon, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone screenings with two different recruiters. Proficiency test completed for excel. One recruiter told me I did not perform well and should lower my expectations on hourly wage. Other recruiter told me I did good on it. Hmmmm...why the discrepancy? Made me feel like they were trying to bully me into a lower wage from the beginning.
    A 2 hour interview for an entry-level position. 2 hours, 6 people. Is that really necessary? They basically tore my resume apart and dissected every position I've every had. Again, this was for an entry-level job that I was more than qualified for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what would be your ideal job.   1 Answer

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Oakland, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Meeting with the area recruiter was professional and informative. Mutual exchange of information was done respectfully. The recruiter wanted more info and did offer to assist as I provided it to the company. As my interests were discussed, the recruiter was helpful in bringing in the marketing recruiter to meet with me. Positive interaction with her and an interest to place me. After interview, I found only 43 marketing jobs listed in San Francisco Bay. Perhaps they are growing that division, but none of the jobs met my skillset. Hope they grow and get more job placements!

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose to come to Robert Half?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Terrible interview process and not a good group of people to work with. I was brought in multiple times for a "1.5 hour long interview" that ended up being over 3 hours each time! They had me sit in on phone calls that had no relevance to a regular interview process. Every person I met with seemed to be challenging me on why I was interviewing for this position as if I wasn't good enough for it. After wasting my time for each interview I expected to at least get an offer or a good explanation of why I did not get one. They emailed me a week after the process to tell me that "they will continue to pursue other candidates". When I asked for feedback on what went wrong they stopped responding. Extremely unprofessional and one of the worst places I've ever interviewed in my life.

Accounting Consultant SPS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Walnut Creek, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

In-person interview with RHI was scheduled right away. Client interviews were few and far between. Client interview feedback was vague criticism of trivial things. I was however gaining valuable experience with each interview. Contact dropped off, partly on my end, as it appeared they did not have any leads for my level of experience. I was generating more activity on my own and I did not want to cross wires and cause any confusion by having them pitch me to companies I had already contacted.

Interview Questions

• What other companies have you recently interviewed with?   1 Answer
    • What is your salary history?   1 Answer
    • Will you work as a contractor?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted by phone and email within a few business days, interview was set within a week. The whole process to the interview was very smooth and professional.

Interview Questions

• Very typical questions: Tell me about yourself, Why I think I'm good fit for this job, etc.   Answer Question