Robert Half Senior Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Senior Accountant Interview Questions

Interviews at Robert Half

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (West Palm Beach, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Called and asked if I could discuss potential opportunities with them. Received appointment for next day.

Interview Questions

• Was just asked in detail about my resume   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Response was prompt. However, after a general interview session, they then wanted to put me in for a position completely different from what I had applied at a company I didn't want. Looking around the waiting room, it seemed they worked on small but frequent placement volume and wanted to get the most likely placement for the least amount of work.

Interview Questions

Neither a good company nor a good position.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half in March 2014.

Interview

They sent me on an interview for a position with a company in Horsham. When I arrived for the interview, the HR person informed me that they were in the process of making an offer to someone else and that they'd told the Robert Half representative that the position had been filled. I called my contact at Robert Half and of course he could not explain what happened. He told me he'd "get to the bottom of it" but there never was any information or explanation as to what happened. Then after telling me that I'd hear from him every few weeks "just to check in" it was another 4 months with no contact. Even when I emailed to follow up with him and let him know how disappointed I was, he didn't reply to me email. Do not trust the Robert Half Company to help you find a job. They are totally unreliable!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

They did not mention any time before the face to face interview that it would also consist of skills test and without any offer for employment asks to fill out all employment related forms. I required visa sponsorship and hence was not offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Glen Allen, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through my resume and asked detailed questions about previous jobs, why I left, especially immediate prior which was a lay off. Asked about types of positions I was interested in, types of companies (small, large). Met with permanent and temporary placement recruiters and ended up in a long term temporary situation.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave previous employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Portland, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

Very Professional-met with a few of the recruiters, they all were nice and wanted to help me find a job! Asked me about temp, temp to hire and hire direct.

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Rosemont, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was with Financial Director to discuss job descriptions and Tasks. Introduced department guidelines and other team members who are working in the department. Overall I felt good to learn the job tasks and deadlines. Overall Experience of the interview was well enacted and very diplomatic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself ?. Overall I am well accepted in the quality and demeanor of the department head.   1 Answer
    • What was the next level of your Career.
      My Answer is to be the Experienced Senior Accountant leading to the Assistant Controller.   1 Answer
    • Overall Experience of the interview was well enacted and very diplomatic to my customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open to Salary Negotiations and open to Instructions to improve Jobs and Team Work.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA).

Interview

One recruiter from Robert Half contacted me, since he found my resume in a career site. We fixed an appointment. I did the interview with 2 different recruiters from Robert Half, one responsible for the Contract assignment, and the other responsible for permanent positions. Before going to the interview I visited Glassdoor comments, and all the negative feedback. I witnessed them myself. First, before even starting the interview, the receptionist take all your personal data, including SSN and driving license. Then later you join the interviewer. I specifically told them from start that I was looking for a permanent position.They did general questions, nothing outstanding. They call you for interview without having a vacancy. Practically the job posts in their site are mostly outdated. During the interview they try to tell you that you will need to be flexible, and accept offers that may be lower than your salary expectations. At the end of interview they say they don't have a position that match your skills, however, after the dept meeting they will be sending an email with all the possible jobs that you might be a match. Never received email from the interviewer, as promised. However, approximately 1 week later, a recruiter from Accountemps contacted me for a temporary position, asking me if I want to go for interview to their client. After asking her to send me first the job description, she said she doesn't have it as her client didn't provide the job description yet. Confused not knowing what to do, I said yes, but inside me I knew that they work only with the sense of urgency to provide a solution to the client, without making sure that is a good match, or the candidate will be happy and satisfied working in that a position.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences? What is the salary range you would accept to work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Senior Accountant role on Craigslist. A recruiter from Robert Half emailed me the next day asking me to come in for a quick interview. I came in that day after work for a 1 hour interview. During the first half of the interview, the recruiter told me how great I was, how desirable my resume was, and how much the employers he represents are going to want me. For the second half of the interview, he negotiated how low he could "sell" me to the company, and told me I should accept a salary 30% lower than the salary posted on the job ad. He went on and on about how my current salary will determine my next salary, so I can't ask for too much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a phone screen from the Resource Manager and we talked about my work experience and what I was looking for in a job. She presented me to their client and got a scheduled in person interview after 3 days.