Robert Half Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Robert Half

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Robert Half (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

My recent graduation and lack of experience didn't qualify me for positions that Robert Half would have available. However, the recruiter took time to give me sound advice and guidance for what I should do going forward. Looking for employment straight out of school is never fun but PJ made my day and was an encouragement.

Interview Questions

• What type of position are you looking for?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

The technical part of the interview was a joke - some multiple choice questions about .NET programming that you took on a computer. The questions were hardly related to actual programming work at all.

The interview was mainly non-technical, just talking about what work I'd previously done, what I did or didn't like about my past employers, what I want to do in the future.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to keep changing jobs every year or so?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Des Moines, IA) in June 2015.

Interview

They ask for a Skype interview to do the technical screening, and then send you some skills assessments regarding your experience. Sometimes you will have to do more than one assessment. But the problem is that sometimes you get a call from another person and they ask you to do the assessments, and you have to tell them that you already did it, so they can check in their system.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

In 2006, soon after I graduated from college, a recruiter contacted me regarding a software development position with one of their contractors. The position had the salary I was expecting. I remember going into a computer lab to take a test on my programming skills. I also spoke with the recruiter for a little while. Later, when they followed up with me, they said that the position was eliminated but here is another position (similar job) with a different client for barely half the salary. My commute would have been pretty long as well.

My recruiter still had me go on an interview for the cheaper job, which was temp to perm. At the interview, I found out that the bump in pay when I would become permanent was essentially not guaranteed and this client took their time with processing these raises. This interview was a waste of time. It seemed like the recruiter was desperate to get me placed in any job (i.e. to get the sale), regardless of whether or not the job was what I was looking for.

I said no and continued looking for a job that paid what I was looking to make. Several months later, another recruiter informed me that the recruiter who had been corresponding with me was no longer working there.

In 8+ years, I've never had another interview experience like this, and I don't plan to do any further business with Robert Half - at least not at this location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Antonio, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Very friendly environment. Interview was mostly about my resume, past experience and career preferences. Questions were fairly easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Passaic, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Passaic, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via phone call. We set up a Skype call where he asked me a few questions about why I wanted this job and about me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

An application was filled out online. Was contacted by one of the senior recruiters through phone the next day. Communication through email was made. Responses were quick. Interview was scheduled within the week.

Interview lasted about 40 mins. Afterwards a bunch of paperwork was done and signed. Was informed that an online technical assessment needed to be done. Finished the technical assessment within the week at home. Assessment was pretty easy. Multiple choice. Results were given after finishing.

No contact was ever made after completing the technical assessment. Was never contacted to discuss assessment results. Communication was completely cut off.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from previous jobs that will help you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

No formal interview took place, it was a call from one of the recruiters working there asking me questions about what kind of positions I would be interested and what my qualifications were.

They asked if I were available for an interview the next day and I said no. I would also not be available until the next week, to which the recruiter replied, "but how are you going to do work for one of our clients when they give you a deadline??"

The recruiter did not sound like they knew what they were doing at all. They asked me questions that could have been easily answered by taking a quick glance at my resume (which was uploaded to their website).

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications for programming jobs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at Robert Half (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

It was telephonic interview.Cordinator was really nice.she explained me whole process and asked me about my previous role and projects.after that I didn't get call from them.she help me with my resume