Robert Half Staffing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Staffing Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was not traditional. Very relaxed and asked pointed questions relevant to the industry. They will ask a lot about what motivates you to be in the staffing industry. Looking for money motivated people!

Interview Questions

• TheyThey will ask how you prospect new business & chase leads.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Appleton, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional process. It was a 4 week process as I saw another similar review complaint and should of listed to my gut instincts and all the red flags along the way. They wasted my time having me convinced I had the job, even offered me the position and asked if I could start on a certain day only to tell me I needed yet another random phone interview after he offered the job and did my reference check. The 3rd one interview the guy canceled last minute and then when we had our rescheduled interview he called late. I was kept hanging the 4 weeks thinking I had the job and the last interview went no different than the first two and I was told I didn't get it because he didn't get the vibe he wanted since I didn't reveal personal information with the guy about my life or ask for details about his, which he sounded very rushed and with no interest to hear personal info or wanting to have a deep conversation with me. I've always learned through college listen first and respond based on the tone and body language you pick up since it's not professional to dive deep into a personal conversation like I was supposedly supposed to do since not everyone is comfortable doing that right away without getting to know a person.

Interview Questions

• Uncomfortable questions and just random questions that didn't pertain to the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

interviewed with the agency to help me with my job search. After the interview the staffing manager stated that he really liked my interviewed and with my experienced i would be great working for their internal team. Shortly after i got a call from the branch manager to schedule an interview. My interview went great and I was ask to come schedule a day to shadow two employees in the bull pen to see what they do on a daily basis and if its something I would be ok doing. The same day I met with the VP to go over my credentials, also did a sales pitch. The branch manager stated I would get a call that same evening because they needed someone to start the following Monday.

I never got a call. I sent an email to follow up, no reply. I called twice, left a voicemail still no reply. I am highly disappointed because I have never been treated this way by an employer. Have the decency to follow up with your candidates even if they did not get the job. Where is your integrity? I think it is very rude and unprofessional, especially after I tried following up several times. People have more important things to do than be treated as a number. To top it off the manager told me i was lying and I was fired from my last job, even though i told him several times I resigned and the reason for my resignation.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Robert Half (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Questions about background and work history
    Discuss skills and reference information to help with strengths/weaknesses recognition pre-hire
    discuss goals as an individual and as a professional
    Traditional interview with light shadowing
    Brief overview of the development program and pay scale

Interview Questions

• Have you ever considered working in the staffing industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Westborough, MA).

Interview

There was multiple interviews and required me to sit on the floor and listen to the calls all the staffing managers made I also had to interview with multiple staffing managers to get a better understanding of the job and the responsibilities. I was asked why i wanted this job and what motivates me

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY).

Interview

5 interviews with various chain of command authorities. Went over resume and asked questions about what my commitment. Apparently I need 30 words to get this submitted so here goes my attempt at reaching 30 words minimum.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for, career-wise?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Anybody who's is decent looking and shows up in a suit is immediately considered. If you're well spoken they will offer you a job pretty quickly. They typically recruit from the pool of applicants for temp work. The turnover is insane, so they are always hiring. If you don't have a job, it's not a bad first gig, but don't leave a job for it.

Interview Questions

• They make you try and sell something on the phone.   1 Answer

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Robert Half.

Interview

Multiple people for process; job shadow; listening to call and answering questions on how calls are made and if previous sales skills exist. not interested in providing more details than have been provided so far

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Dearborn, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant. They were really nice and inviting! They were great at being very upfront with their needs and how the company works! They are great at scheduling to get the process started! Would recommend to others to check them out !

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for in my new position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Eugene, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Robert Half in search of an accounting temp job. I was then contacted to join their recruiting team. I interviewed once, then twice as well as shadowed, and was then interviewed on the phone by the regional manager. All of them seemed like they went very well, but I never really felt like I was hired, and I was not.

Very friendly people.