Robert Half Staffing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Half Staffing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Appleton, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional process. It was a 4 week process as I saw another similar review complaint and should of listed to my gut instincts and all the red flags along the way. They wasted my time having me convinced I had the job, even offered me the position and asked if I could start on a certain day only to tell me I needed yet another random phone interview after he offered the job and did my reference check. The 3rd one interview the guy canceled last minute and then when we had our rescheduled interview he called late. I was kept hanging the 4 weeks thinking I had the job and the last interview went no different than the first two and I was told I didn't get it because he didn't get the vibe he wanted since I didn't reveal personal information with the guy about my life or ask for details about his, which he sounded very rushed and with no interest to hear personal info or wanting to have a deep conversation with me. I've always learned through college listen first and respond based on the tone and body language you pick up since it's not professional to dive deep into a personal conversation like I was supposedly supposed to do since not everyone is comfortable doing that right away without getting to know a person.

Interview Questions

• Uncomfortable questions and just random questions that didn't pertain to the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

interviewed with the agency to help me with my job search. After the interview the staffing manager stated that he really liked my interviewed and with my experienced i would be great working for their internal team. Shortly after i got a call from the branch manager to schedule an interview. My interview went great and I was ask to come schedule a day to shadow two employees in the bull pen to see what they do on a daily basis and if its something I would be ok doing. The same day I met with the VP to go over my credentials, also did a sales pitch. The branch manager stated I would get a call that same evening because they needed someone to start the following Monday.

I never got a call. I sent an email to follow up, no reply. I called twice, left a voicemail still no reply. I am highly disappointed because I have never been treated this way by an employer. Have the decency to follow up with your candidates even if they did not get the job. Where is your integrity? I think it is very rude and unprofessional, especially after I tried following up several times. People have more important things to do than be treated as a number. To top it off the manager told me i was lying and I was fired from my last job, even though i told him several times I resigned and the reason for my resignation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Dearborn, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant. They were really nice and inviting! They were great at being very upfront with their needs and how the company works! They are great at scheduling to get the process started! Would recommend to others to check them out !

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for in my new position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Eugene, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Robert Half in search of an accounting temp job. I was then contacted to join their recruiting team. I interviewed once, then twice as well as shadowed, and was then interviewed on the phone by the regional manager. All of them seemed like they went very well, but I never really felt like I was hired, and I was not.

Very friendly people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Hauppauge, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. 3 hours. Seemed positive. First thing they told me they really liked my experience, but that they had 3 people further along in the process. Then 1 by one I was interviewed by 3 senior managers. Everyone was really nice. It went well, but they didn't hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Got an interview from a friend who works there. Spoke with the regional manager of the branches in NYC. Really nice guy who obviously knew what he was looking for. Simple interview questions about resume and what I would like to do. Ended up not getting the position as they were looking for someone with more experience since I was a fresh outta college student.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What kind of position are you looking for?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2011.

Interview

With Robert Half... They are very vauge about salary...they never really indicate what your salary would be. At first I was told that there would be a base plus commision but I found our that after one year your position is straight commission.

I went through 3 interviews, with several different mangers. Overall, everyone was helpful and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Antonio, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Very professional staffing manager conducted 1st interview followed by 2 others a week or so later. Took roughly 2 weeks to complete. General interview questions asked, nothing difficult.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when you've found a qualified candidate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Dayton, OH) in September 2009.

Interview

Initial contact through the phone - she asked a few questions then set up an in person interview with the Division Director. The interview with the Division Director was pretty casual. Answered questions about experience and qualifications. She asked, "what was the most difficult situation, and how did you handle it" type of questions. Next interview was a week later with the Regional Director. She asked the same questions the Division Director asked during the first interview. Then I followed her back to meet the team and shadow the Division Director for about 20 min. enough to watch her make a sales call and make small talk with the rest of the staff. She then said that she would check my references and I would hear something by the end of the week. A week passed and I didn't hear anything. Then she called me to let me know that my interview was great and I had all of the right answers. However, they went with the other candidate because her personality "meshed better" with the other girls. She said if she had two positions, I would have received an offer. She then asked if she could refer me to one of her colleagues (not a client), but a friend who was looking for someone with my background (education and hr).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Washington, DC) in February 2008.

Interview

For anyone who doesn't know, Robert Half doesn't help people find jobs, they are glorified tele-marketers. They are there to sell temps to companies and to get and keep the companies from other temp agencies. The people were pretty cool, just lik everyone else, but were driven by money, and that's what you need in order to make it there. They want to make money, period.