Robert Half Staffing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.6

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Eugene, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Robert Half in search of an accounting temp job. I was then contacted to join their recruiting team. I interviewed once, then twice as well as shadowed, and was then interviewed on the phone by the regional manager. All of them seemed like they went very well, but I never really felt like I was hired, and I was not.

Very friendly people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Robert Half

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviews at Robert Half are very low key. They are looking for strong sales individuals. If you come in and articulate your benefits to the company, and show your passion you should be fine. Make sure you ask for specific divisions if you prefer various industries.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very basic interview process. They ask you in to the office once for a "get to know you" session, then have you shadow the workers, then they give you the job. They are really desperate for staffing managers so you basically just have to show up to get the job. My advice would be to negotiate up on the offer they give you as they can afford to pay you a lot more base salary than what the initial offer is.

Interview Questions

• What activities do you do outside of work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. I had one phone screen with two regional managers for different industries. I was invited to meet both managers on site and was later given the option to decide what team I wanted to work for. The process was shady from the start. This company has some of the best sales people in the business and can manipulate one into thinking this is a job it very well is not. Caution

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Got recruited in through their temp service, but they were hiring internally. I met with 2 of the managers, than another higher leader in a separate interview. I also got a tour of the office and met some of the people on the team.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your hobbies? What challenges would you foresee in this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Akron, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about the open position. We set up an interview for a few days later. I went in for the interview. Basic questions like about your background, why you are looking to change jobs, etc. The recruiter was very friendly, but overall it was a negative experience. They told me starting salary is around $30,000.. not sure where the other salary averages on here came from. I have a bachelors degree and previous experience and it was a firm $30,000, with $35,000 being the very highest starting salary. They dangle paid time off, good benefits, and "ability to make commission" in front of you, to make up for the 10-12 hour days and poor starting salary. STAY AWAY unless you want to work 7:30-6 everyday and make about $10-12/ hour. Also, it is very sales and results based. If you do not deliver the results and sell to clients, you are gone. The person who interviewed me even said it takes about 6 months to see any commission and that they have a very high turn over rate for this position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why did you leave (specific position)?   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Interview

pleasant; friendly staff members; very informative; will provide job shadowing to further get inside of what the job really entails; will make it comfortable as possible; will speak to other staff members as well- to see overall chemistry with everyone

Interview Questions

• there was not one difficult questions; just a conversation- really just personality based   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was very detailed. They want to know why you feel you would be a great fit for their company. You talk a lot about yourself and past job experiences. They will ask a lot about why you left previous roles.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good match for Robert Half?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

For the most part, when you interview with Robert Half there will be multiple rounds of interviews. The first interview was more of an informal meeting. I went over my resume with my interviewer and we just chatted for the most part. I spoke with 3 different people. I was then asked back to shadow. After I shadowed both the sales side and the recruiting, I had a follow up meeting asking me how I liked everything. i think I would have been hired there but I was considering one other position so I told them I was unsure as to whether I wanted to take it and then when I told them I was, I was asked back for one final interview to speak with the regional director.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in recruiting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Hauppauge, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. 3 hours. Seemed positive. First thing they told me they really liked my experience, but that they had 3 people further along in the process. Then 1 by one I was interviewed by 3 senior managers. Everyone was really nice. It went well, but they didn't hire me.