Robert Half Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Assessment day + Interview at the end.

Around a month or so ago, I was invited to attend an assessment day after a recent application to them as a Recruitment Consultant. The assessment day itself there was relatively easy and relaxed (to a degree; excluding two higher ranked employees that made it obvious every move of yours was being watched). I eventually progressed to the last stage of the day which involved an interview; three people from this day were not as they were told they were unsuccessful and I imagine it was fairly unceremonious. The interview was very much centered on my CV and some questions on why I want to work there. This seemed OK to me and I was fairly confident asking their questions as it was all fairly natural. In all, I felt I did good enough to be selected for a second interview at least. I did tell the interviewer afterwards that I had a holiday the next week and thus assumed I would hear back from them either before hand or after I come back. Did I receive an email or phone call? No. Not one. They clearly considered me good enough to be put forward for the interview stages so why would I not at least be told I was unsuccessful? I find this absence of contact extremely unprofessional, even more unbelievable considering how "big" this company claims to be. Nurturing relationships between themselves and people is their game but they seem to forget keeping contact altogether with the people who want to work with them. Highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• CV based questions
      "Why do you want to work for Robert Half?"   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very efficient and quick, took about a week. I had a phone interview but I felt the emails were full with errors so not very professional. They made the job more about sales then meeting people and recruiting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales experience. What were some of your daily/weekly goals and how did you manage to meet them?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was very professional and consisted of biographical and competency based questions. There was an initial face to face interview with the consultant and then three further interviews.

The format of the interviews was friendly, professional and conversational. It did not feel as though questions were being fired from a list. It felt as though they genuinely wanted to establish the facts about what I had done and how it fitted the role. The Company was very honest about its culture, values and the challenges in the role. I was very impressed by their approach.

The consultant who dealt with me was excellent and kept me fully informed all the way through the process.

Interview Questions

• What are your three greatest strengths?
      What are the three things that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Detailed and competency based - you will also sit a cultural assessment before your first interview that helps RH and you assess what team you fit best and you should be managed to get the best out of you

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time professionally where you showed resilience to get through a period of adversity   1 Answer

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert Half (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

5 Associates exchanges with you at the office or branch you will incorporate. Informal & formal conversation All need to agree to recruit you this include the direct boss. Classic process review your credentials , the logic of your career path , your special expertise, try to understand who you are and check you capacity to become a commercial profile as they are more recruiting people with the profiles of the clients or the candidates that you will recruit

Interview Questions

• From classic ones on the professional experience other can be tell me about cooking an apple tart !   1 Answer

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

I made an appointment with the recruitment agent to discuss my CV and the types of roles and salary I was looking for.

After introductions and pleasantries, the agent ran through my curriculum vitae asking questions about each of my previous roles.

I was asked about my current situation and what roles and pay I was looking for.

The agent said he would contact me if anything suitable arose.

Interview Questions

• When there was a gap in employment, why was there a break in service?
      For each role, why did you leave?
      Depending on the curriculum vitae (resume) information: did you do this or that in this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A discussion about desired rates of pay and what the market/employers were willing to pay with emphasis on the opportunity to be able to earn money versus the employer choosing someone else who is prepared to do the job for less money.