Robert W. Baird & Co. Equity Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert W. Baird & Co. Equity Research Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Interview

had an immediate response for an interview, the interview process was not hard, you just have to be your self and actually know what your job position is really about and go through your resume smoothly. they will ask you questions related to your past experiences and ask and what you are expecting in the up coming experience. dont negotiate salary!! the interview process should only take about 30 minutes. it was a video interview where i had to answer questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Robert W. Baird & Co.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied via school career website. They did on-campus recruiting so I was invited to do first round interviews with them. They asked me about how I kept up with the markets and stocks I were interested in. You should be prepared to do a stock pitch. I haven't heard back from them yet but I heard one of my acquaintances received a super-day offer so I'm assuming I did not pass.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me what a DCF is and why you would prefer this valuation method over others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

The first round was an on campus interview. Prior to the initial interview, an analytical and writing assessment is required to be completed. After the first round they invite you to the Milwaukee office for a Super Day. The night before the interviews they take you out for dinner with the other candidates. The Super Day was long and rigorous, consisting of 8 individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many cars are driven in the United States on a typical day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Online interview and phone interview. The HR department sent a list of questions which you have to answer. The reply email came back pretty quickly and the next interview was the phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting. My first interview was on campus with two analysts from the St. Louis office. It was a mix of behavioral and technical, with mostly behavioral questions surrounding my interest in equity research and experience. After, I took an online exam that had some math questions and a few brain teaser type questions. Next, I went to Milwaukee for a super day. The night before, there was a dinner with analysts and everyone interviewing the next day. On the super day, we retook the same exam on paper. We also had interviews with around 5 analysts where we were asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions, plus some brain teasers.

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co..

Interview

First round on campus, really casual, nothing technical. Manly behavioral with questions on your interest in finance, run me through your resume etc... Also gonna run through the company's ambiance and family value shared by baird's employe. Great experience overall

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Applied through my university and was contacted for an interview on campus. The interviews on campus between my colleagues and I were very different. One of my colleagues went through an entirely behavioral interview. Another one went through an entirely accounting-based interview. I went through an entirely technical interview with a stock pitch. Be prepared for anything

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through online campus recruiting portal and was scheduled for a 1-on-1, on-campus interview with an Equity Analyst at the firm. They screen resumes beforehand and then alter your questions based on major (Accounting, Finance, Econ, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Asked about general stock market knowledge, whether I would invest given a bullish/bearish market, asked for a stock pitch, several brain teasers.   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. in October 2014.

Interview

- Interview on campus
    - Dinner: able to ask questions and get a better understanding of the firm. They are selling you
    - Super day: 6 interviews and a standardized test
    - Each interview has a different focus: finance skills, personality, career goals
    - Happy hour: Making sure you fit the culture and type of person in the group

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through the college recruiting system and received a first round interview on campus. I met with one of the senior researchers. He was very personable and the entire interview felt more like a chat than an evaluative interview. It was about 70% fit, and 30% just your general understanding of the economy and stocks. If you have a particular interest in any stocks i.e. health, tech, finance, be sure to voice this early and show you are prepared/have knowledge of your industry.

The second round was in the Milwaukee office. It was a fairly intense day. I believe there were 5 back to back 30-45 minute interviews with various experts. I started the day off with an analytical test - think GRE Math which you complete in 30 minutes. Each interviewer is different, but be sure to know your stuff.

1. Have a stock pitch prepared and make sure you know it 100%.
    2. be ready for a lot of brain teasers like market sizing questions consulting style or just brainteasers such as - you have two candles, each burn for 1 hour, how do you use these candles to measure 15 minutes. There were at least 2-5 per interviewer for me.
    3. Be sure to know the answer to the question : why research and why Baird?

Overall, I think it was a challenging interview just due to how long the super day was. But Baird made the process very enjoyable and comfortable. I was put up in a very lovely hotel, and all of the Baird employees I interacted with were fantastic, very warm and welcoming. The firm also makes a special effort to reach out to employees and make them feel part of the family. I enjoyed the happy hour where I basically got to meet everyone from the Milwaukee office over beer and fried chicken. Something to note however, Baird does seem to be one of those firms which are a bit more traditional - about 90% of the employees I met there were white and male, and this is true for the group of 12 I was interviewing with. Not that this was at all a negative factor for me, it was just quite an interesting experience.

Interview Questions

• While I was presenting my stock pitch, the interviewer immediately pulled up the data for the stock I was pitching and proceeded to grill me on the ratios of the stock and my analysis. Be sure to have the most up to date information on your stock and rehearse it a few times so that you seem prepared.   Answer Question

Expected work hours were about 12+ hours per day and the pay was lower than other offers I had received.