Robert W. Baird & Co. Financial Analyst Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2010.

Interview

I received a first round phone interview essentially asking me about my resume and some of my interests. The second round interview was in Milwaukee at Baird's HQ. There I had 4 interviews with 5 people. One was a 2 on 1 interview which was technical and the others were mostly fit with more senior bankers. The technical interview asked how the financial statements interlinked and some other basic accounting questions. They also asked about a DCF and how to determine WACC. A few brainteasers were also thrown in there. For example, what is the degree between the hour and minute hand at 3:15? They also asked how long it would take me to run from Chicago to Milwaukee. You just have to make some assumptions about distance and how fast you can run (e.g. assume I can run a constant 6 minute mile). They called me the day of my final round interview and offered me the internship.

Interview Questions

• Degrees between the hour and minute hand at 3:15?   1 Answer
  • Walk me through a DCF.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I wanted to work there and other offers were still pending. The negotiating power is much stronger for full time hires.