Robert W. Baird & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert W. Baird & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Interview

had an immediate response for an interview, the interview process was not hard, you just have to be your self and actually know what your job position is really about and go through your resume smoothly. they will ask you questions related to your past experiences and ask and what you are expecting in the up coming experience. dont negotiate salary!! the interview process should only take about 30 minutes. it was a video interview where i had to answer questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied via school career website. They did on-campus recruiting so I was invited to do first round interviews with them. They asked me about how I kept up with the markets and stocks I were interested in. You should be prepared to do a stock pitch. I haven't heard back from them yet but I heard one of my acquaintances received a super-day offer so I'm assuming I did not pass.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me what a DCF is and why you would prefer this valuation method over others.   Answer Question

IB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through school career center and heard back within a week. The interview was on campus and consisted of an associate and a first year. The interview was mostly fit and then some basic technical questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What are the valuation techniques?
      Walk us through a DCF model
      Why IB
      Why Baird
      Tell us about a time you failed
      What do you think will be hard/a challenge for you in this job
      What do you do for fun
      Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co..

Interview

9 people over 4 hours. Be prepared to answer the same questions 9 times. It was the weirdest thing, as if they all came in with the same basic questions.

Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co..

Interview

Applied online and was emailed to set up at phone interview within a couple of days. The interviewer was punctual to call me. The interview lasted about thirty minutes and was quite uncomfortable, and he did not clearly state questions, making me ask him to repeat many times. When I asked him questions at the end of the interview, he was very short and disinterested. I did not go into the interview particularly interested in this specific role as the one I wanted had closed, but I would not have continued further in interviewing had they offered.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

As a lateral hire, I went through multiple interviews spanning a few weeks, but it was well organized and gave me the opportunity to get all my questions answered and get a good feel of the team and firm.

Interview Questions

• LBO and Written Case study, typical behavioral questions, few standard HR type questions.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co..

Interview

First, I was called to schedule a phone screening. This lasted about 15 minutes and she was very friendly. A couple of days after that, I was emailed and scheduled an in person interview with the team two days later. That was on a Friday, Monday I was contacted and filled out forms for a background check and reference check. A week and a half later I was offered the job! Really smooth process and quick

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very pleasant.

Financial Analyst/Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with a recruiter. He called exactly when he said he would and it lasted roughly 30 minutes. After that, the recruiter emailed to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, the hiring manager called when she was supposed to and the interview lasted 30 minutes. The next step was the first round of in person interviews. This consisted of 3 separate 1-on-1 interviews with managers within the department that again lasted 30 minutes. The questions were very specific - meaning they wanted to you recall when you have experienced certain things or accomplished certain things on the job. Each person came in with a list of prepared questions to ask, and they were all pretty similar to one another. Then, after hearing that he received "great feedback" from my first round of interviews, a second round of interviews was scheduled. This time it was 5 (!!) one on one interviews, again each lasting 30 minutes. The questions were very similar to the first round, and in some cases they asked the exact same question.

Two weeks later, I received the dreaded "Dear John" letter in which they informed me that they would be proceeding with a better-qualified candidate.

It was a long, arduous interview process that for me, did not have a happy ending.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you initiated process improvement by thinking outside the box   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Network for months. Kiss up to at least 5 staff members. Get interview. 30 mins in and out to determine if you are the BEST. Not sure how that is possible. Very prideful. Behavioral I guess? Acting like tough guys to apply some pressure, but was pretty obvious.

Interview Questions

• Why banking? Walk me through your resume. How would you handle a young analyst that doesn't respect you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert W. Baird & Co. (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

The first round was an on campus interview. Prior to the initial interview, an analytical and writing assessment is required to be completed. After the first round they invite you to the Milwaukee office for a Super Day. The night before the interviews they take you out for dinner with the other candidates. The Super Day was long and rigorous, consisting of 8 individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many cars are driven in the United States on a typical day?   1 Answer