Robert Walters Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Robert Walters Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 30, 2017

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

First interview was with associate director of the branch and a principal consultant in the area I would be working in. Spoke a lot about myself both on and off the CV; interests, hobbies, core competencies etc.
    They also went into detail about RW as an organization and as a branch in the north west. Answered all questions I had in great detail
    Second interview was a presentation piece - still really enjoyable
    The whole process was great. I got a great feel of the company and the people who worked there

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

1st stage imterview with internal recruiter
    2nd stage interview with two line managers from same department handling term or perm
    3rd stage interview with two associate directors
    4th stage interview was a quick meeting with the managing director

Employees at RW are very professional but approachable! They make the interview process more like a general chat than an interrogation. Definitely a good approach!

Interview Questions

• Why recruitment
      Why robert walters
      What makes you a good fit for RW
      Competancy based questions   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

A conversation with an Associate Director, then another with a Manager, then again with an MD.
    Not competency based, more about your CV and what you're looking for
    These stages were across 2 days and it felt more like they were selling the role to me than that I was selling myself

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Walters.

Interview

Transparent and straightforward interview process. I had two interviews; the first with the members of my would-be team, and the second with a director. Everyone I met was impressive yet very friendly, and showed a genuine interest in what I was looking to achieve through this role. At first I was unsure whether I wanted to go into recruitment, but I haven't regretted it for a moment.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but I was glad I had thoroughly researched the company beforehand.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Walters (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

the interview process was very well done, it was informative and made me want the job even more than when i first applied for it. i also got to meet colleagues and see the office environment before hand which helped me picture myself in the role. it was not an intimidating interview but a good discussion on how my experiences will make me a suitable candidate

Interview Questions

• How will you manage the workload?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Robert Walters in September 2014.

Interview

Robert Walters approached me and suggested they could help me with my job search. Within a week of being in touch with them I'd had two interviews that they helped prepare me for and got one job.

Interview Questions

• What was my salary target range?   Answer Question
    • Interests and how they were applicable to my chosen career path?   Answer Question
    • Whether I'd be open to looking at jobs that offered alternative career paths   Answer Question

Negotiation

Robert Walters acted as the mediators in a the negotiations to extend the contract phase. It went very well.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process is very transparent, you meet a lot of people form the business meaning you can make a very informed decision about the culture of the company as well as the right team fir for you.

Interview Questions

• Motivational questions, personality questions, previous sales experience, previous client interaction experience.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

3 Stage interview meeting with internal recruitment and then manager and then director. Included Skype phonecalls and face-to-face. Was kept updated throughout. Was some toing and froing and ended up repeating a lot of what I'd already said to different people. Lots of emphasis on team work.

Interview Questions

• Prove sales, resilience and adaptability.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Robert Walters (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Conversational and enjoyable but a bit too long, people coming and going from the room, reading emails and making calls, quite unprofessional. seems like a boys club. never got any feedback or even informed that I didn't get the position. Very poor form for a recruitment agency

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Walters (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very lengthy but generally quite good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward