Roblox Interview Questions in San Mateo, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by Grace Lee via LinkedIn and she coordinated the entire process from start to finish. She did a great job keeping our conversation going despite both of us traveling outside of the country in the middle of the interview process! She was extremely responsive and professional during the 2+ months we were in contact.

There were three phone screens, one on-site interview with three rounds, then an on-site founder's round.

At all stages of interviews I was asked technical, situational and culture fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you currently do and why you want to work at Roblox.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and pretty positive but there are multiple steps.
    1) speak with the recruiter
    2) speak with the hiring manager. I was asked about my experiences as a PM and we discussed the role in detail.
    3) do a homework assignment. The homework was about writing a spec to solve a particular problem
    4) 2 onsite interviews + a conversation with the CEO if the onsites go well.

I had a fairly smooth interview process. Chantal, the recruiter, was very helpful. She responded very quickly with the latest updates and let me know what to expect from the interview process. The recruiting team was able to accommodate my schedule constraints and were quick to confirm the schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a mistake you made and what you learned from it   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The process is similar to how others described: UX test, phone interview, on-site interview. The people are friendly enough, the recruiter is friendly, but I'm surprised at the extreme level of positive responses to her on Glassdoor (in my opinion, she was just doing her job, not necessarily better or worse than other recruiters I've worked with).

The on-site was actually pretty off-putting. The interviewers are either distracted or just difficult to communicate with. I think a lot of preference is placed on internal referrals, which is typical and expected I suppose.

After all of this, I was told I don't have enough experience, which you'd think you'd be able to straight from my resume/phone screening. The experience was okay, no more no less. But unfortunately, at the end of the day, it felt like a waste of time rather than a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Walk through UX test, walk through one of your previous projects   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I have never experienced a more positive interview process. Every step, from coordinating logistics, to the actual in-person questions, was thoughtful, detailed, and personable. I felt valued as a potential candidate and encouraged every step of the way. So often, as a candidate, you are at the bottom of someone's mind, never knowing when you'd hear feedback, if ever. It can leave you feeling insecure and frustrated. My experience with Lisa Martin was the opposite - she checked in before and after each step of the process and provided direct, valuable feedback and a timeline for next steps.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell my story and explain what I was looking for at this next crossroads in my career,   1 Answer
    • They asked about my Email habits & pet peeves.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview had 4 parts: an online coding test, an on-site with the team, a phone chat with VP and a Google Hangout with the CEO. Everyone was very friendly, technical questions were not hard, just reasonably difficult. The process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Online coding: given an array of positive and negative numbers, return a maximum possible product of 3 numbers.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Interview

They spammed me multiple times for a position. After I told them my skillset they said another recruiter will call me but never did.

Then the recruiter keeps mentioning her boss's name and accused me of applying to many roles. But I never applied before.

They are liars and they keep contradicting themselves.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Multiple phone and in-person interviews spanning 1-2 months. The role is still pending, but my experience has been very positive so far. Everyone has been very professional, friendly, and open.

Interview Questions

• I was given a take-home project with instructions on a high-level problem to solve.   1 Answer

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Their chief scientist found me on linkedin and contacted me directly. A number of phone calls with their recruiters and 4 phone calls with engineers. Constant followup from their recruiters who wanted to know what questions were asked, (maybe the right hand doesnt know what the left hand does) No programming test. Final onsite with lots of questions asked. The entire process was very positive, friendly, and their enthusiasm was higher than average; I did not receive or detect any signs that the interview was going bad. Asked about the next steps, and they said they would make their decision within a week.

Never heard back from them. Really strange. Not even a canned rejection email.

Interview Questions

• write some code which translates english into a language like Pig-latin.   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This is one of the best interview experience I have had. I was firstly contacted with a phone screen, then worked on a design challenge, talked with a senior over the phone later and went for an onsite interview as well. I met almost the whole team when I was onsite. Everyone is so friendly and shows respect for the candidate in a kind and warm way. Grace is a great hr. She was super responsible and nice along the whole process. She kept me informed of any update and helped me to prepare for those interviews. Thanks, Grace :) Can’t wait to join the great team!

Developer Relations Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Roblox (San Mateo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

One of the most positive interview experiences I have ever experienced! The second you step into the Roblox HQ you begin to sense the overwhelming positivity of your potential new coworkers. If you are considering working at Roblox, I would highly suggest taking that first step and making it to the interview. One glance at the incredible employees of this company and you will know you belong. :) Thanks to Grace Lee and Andrea Vinkler for keeping me up to date during the whole interview process. Last of all thanks again to Grace Lee for being able to calmly and efficiently answer all my questions 24/7, you will enjoy working at Roblox, go ahead and apply! :D

Interview Questions

• Questions related to the Roblox developer community.   1 Answer