Roche Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Roche Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

I had two people interview me, one from HR and the other was a scientist at the company. Having two very different people interview me was interesting because I got to learn about two different areas in the company and how they work together to make the company what it is. It was a casual and informational interview at first and then they transitioned into the behavioral questions. Very easy and straight forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted via the service WePow over the internet. After opening a link in a mail I was redirected to their website where a company video was shown. Afterwards I checked my equipment and could opt for two practise questions. After that the real interview began. Every question is asked once and you have only one attempt at answering it after a brief thinking time. The answer times ranged from 1 to 2 minutes. In total 6 questions were asked.

PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Mountain View, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screens
    Multiple and conflicting on site interviews
    More on sites
    Organizational realignments
    Multiple rescheduling
    Meeting in a weird coffee shop (This is a Roche company)
    People's posistions keep changing and incumbent managers seem to be jumping ship

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life?   1 Answer
    • I am interviewing you, but myself and another person you will interview with will be leaving the company so you will have to do this all over again.   1 Answer
    • Q from Sr Dir of HR: Why do you only stay at jobs for 1-2 years   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Roche (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus after a career fair then had another interview at the corporate office. The interview at the corporate office was long but was helpful because we met with every department. The staff was friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time where you successfully worked with a diverse group of people   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Roche (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The review took place on the campus career fair. Seemed very nice and felt comfortable and while answering. Have an interview on the campus for further rounds. Hope I go to further rounds

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my resume and programming skills
      Was even asked if I was flexible to learn .net and other programming languages   1 Answer

Diabetes Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

I received an email from the hiring manager requesting a time to speak. I had recently relocated to another state to be closer to family. When hiring manager called about to conduct the phone interview, they seemed to not believe I lived in the city I was applying for -that I had just moved to. I had an address and etc to prove my residency. She told me that the company was not in the business of relocating people. I never heard back after that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Phone interview, 1 on 1 interview, Phone interview, in person interview with upper management. Standard interview process within the industry. Overall it was seamless and timely. Process included speaking with multiple individuals within the organization from varying levels of management. Very patient focused company with a very high emphasis on employee satisfaction and development.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews

Round 1 - phone interview w boss of group. Technical questions and typical tell me about a time when... questions.
    Round 2 - In person, all 1 on 1, each 30 min, met with 7 people including peers, boss, grand boss, and HR. Mostly technical questions about the work they do.
    Round 3 - In person, all 1 on 1, met with 4 people, the VP of Chemistry, COO, HR, and another peer not at first in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Initial phone screen, then phone interview with hiring manager, subsequently an interview at company headquarters with HR, hiring manager, hiring managers' manager, dotted line managers, coworker, and HR situational analysis questions. Process is very thorough.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Roche in September 2016.

Interview

This was the on campus interview and they asked a lot of questions about your resume and how you have handled different situations. No technical questions were asked at this interview. They did ask questions about the company so be sure to look at their mission statement beforehand.