Roche Interview Questions in Pleasanton, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bioinformatics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I did two runs of interviews. First run was with the director of project who I would report to. The second was with a colleague, not technical. The interviews were quite pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What's you career goal? Are you comfortable with linux?How do you typical get the data related to some cancer? How do you evaluate variant calling methods.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

A very easy one, Although I was nervous but the interviewers were very friendly.
    I had three rounds two technical, 1 HR. No on-cite interview I was selected on phone.
    very low salary.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Cumbersome. Multiple phone interviews. Followed by onsite phone interview because hiring manager didn't make it in the office. Timing was long, 3 total interviews over 3 weeks

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone call with a lady that was very courteous and nice. We talked for about 30 minutes or so and then let me know she would contact me in about a week with the offer and when the final in person interview would be.

Interview Questions

• What is your research experience?   Answer Question
    • What difficulties did you have with your research and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

The interview process was simple, no specific questions. The interviewer explained about everything and I asked several job-related and company related questions. It seemed to be good one but never heard any feedback.

Clinical Lab Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

first had a phone interview, mostly filled with behavioural questions. Followed by a one on one interview with the hiring manager. I am yet to finish my one on one interview. so will keep you all posted on the following.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you had a conflict with the manager?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Long interview. Lots of detailed questions on how I responded to various situations in my previous job. Almost 2 hours. Then asked me if I had questions. My position is very team oriented so they asked me a lot about the teams I had worked with in the past. Told them about various experiences in workplace as well as university. Got back to me in a few weeks. Fun place to work. Salary is meh, people are cool and environment is lax.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you do when you get a new cell phone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took a hometown discount since this was a position in my hometown. Here's hoping I can renegotiate soon. A lot of competitors are offering me better rates.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Half day, 6 different interviews. Interviews with HR, hiring manager, teams, director. Asked about prior experiences that are relevant to the position. Very friendly people that are interviewing.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application that included my resume and a short essay about my future and long term goals. I then was interviewed multiple times by multiple people in multiple groups. My first interview was a 1:1 with a scientist in the genomics and oncology department. I then recieved an interview with a group of 5-7 women in various groups. Afterwords there was a 1:1 with a member of HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience studying the KRAS mutation.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roche (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I had mixed feelings about the phone interview. They asked questions about how my major may be relevant to the job. One of the questions they asked was "What will your daily job life be like?" In my opinion, shouldn’t they be the one to tell me what daily working life there is like instead of me guessing and hoping that I am saying what they want. They never told me when they would get back to me and I have no way of contacting them.