Roche Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Roche Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Nov 19, 2017

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bio Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn, England (UK)).

Interview

A day-long interview, meet-up with the placement students and a tour of the campus. After that a logical test, presentation on Roche and two tests (statistical test and a personal strengths test).

RocheMedicinal Chemistry (RiCH) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

2 interviewers, one personal and one technical. Some tricky technical questions on organic chemistry, including aromatic chemistry and carbonyl chemistry. Needed to know specific reagents and mechanisms to make them also. Interviewers were harsh but fair, helping where they could. Personal questions were more about career progression and growth for the future.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your chemistry degree?   Answer Question
    • How do you see your career path unfolding with a future in chemistry?   Answer Question
    • Draw out [X] and explain the functional groups and their reactivity   Answer Question
    • What could you use this compound to make? How would you do that? Draw the mechanism   Answer Question
    • Why is [X] the product of reacting [A] and [B], not [Y]?   Answer Question
    • Draw the mechanism to form your proposed reagent for that reaction   Answer Question

Pharmacovigilance Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through Roche careers section, got an email 2 weeks later inviting me for a F2F interview at Welwyn site: 1 hour with HR and 1 hour with Hiring Manager and another manager from a different but similar department.

Two weeks after the interview, I received an email stating that I was not selected and a feedback from the hiring manager was included stating that my qualifications were over of what they would need for the role, and that I should have showed more detailed information on why I wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• HR went through STAR structure asking about communication, why I would like the job, why I think they should hire me, etc. Then asked some examples about a time when I had to make a difficult communication, about a stress situation, etc.   1 Answer

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)).

Interview

Most of the questions were based on showing my skills and I had to answer using the STAR structure. Questions also based on company's values. The interviewer was very approachable and it felt more like a conversation rather than an assessment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you experienced and how you handled it   Answer Question

Market Access Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Roche (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Application and CV, 1/2 day Assessment Centre. The process is the same for internal and external candidates with a third party company used to support the exercises. Roche recruitment team were helpful throughout the process. The process took a couple of months to complete from vacancy to assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Core competencies are assessed in all exercises, so it is worth knowing what these are. For example technical expertise, influencing and people leadership   Answer Question

Drug Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online via the company website. About a week after the deadline I was invited to a face to face interview at their HQ in Welwyn. They paid for travel expenses and to get from the train station to the offices is a free shuttle bus and all I had to do was show my interview letter to be able to catch it.

The interview was about an hour long and there was the manager I would be reporting to and the head of the department present. I had to make a 10 min presentation on what PV means to patients, HCPs and the company and answer about 5 mins of questions about it afterwards. There was about 40 mins on my skills and experience (including specific examples of core criteria e.g. give an example of a time you've had to deal with a stressful situation and how you handled it) and at the end there was about 5 mins for me to ask any questions if needed.

About 2 weeks later some one from HR contacted me to offer me the job and a few days later after some negotiations I accepted and received the contract in the post about 1 day later.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions like what is your experience, why are interested etc...   1 Answer

PA Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Proxeaa prior to interview was asked to complete a personality questionnaire. Was asked to do this in the reception area, on my lap. Then interviewed by a member of the HR team. Was eventually advised that the job had been offered internally.

Medical Information Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

the actual day invoved and presentation, group interview, 1:1 intervew, writing and exercise
    The whole procedure lasted several hours which i think is a bit long for a medical information officer role. Also there is a telephone interview about a week or 2 beforehand. I wasnt happy that they didnt give me feedback on the interview though.

CSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Telephone interview which was competency based, this was followed by a 1:1 conversation with HR. Then invited for a face to face interview some weeks later which was mch more informal than I had expected although I was required to prepare and deliver a blind presentation.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview required a presentation on a scenario provided to the candidates. Not many questions have been asked post the presentation as I was told the presentation was comprehensive. The application pricess was a long one.

Interview Questions

• How do you deliver negative news to management   1 Answer