Roche Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)).

Interview

Most of the questions were based on showing my skills and I had to answer using the STAR structure. Questions also based on company's values. The interviewer was very approachable and it felt more like a conversation rather than an assessment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you experienced and how you handled it   Answer Question

Market Access Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Roche (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Application and CV, 1/2 day Assessment Centre. The process is the same for internal and external candidates with a third party company used to support the exercises. Roche recruitment team were helpful throughout the process. The process took a couple of months to complete from vacancy to assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Core competencies are assessed in all exercises, so it is worth knowing what these are. For example technical expertise, influencing and people leadership   Answer Question

PA Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Proxeaa prior to interview was asked to complete a personality questionnaire. Was asked to do this in the reception area, on my lap. Then interviewed by a member of the HR team. Was eventually advised that the job had been offered internally.

Medical Information Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

the actual day invoved and presentation, group interview, 1:1 intervew, writing and exercise
    The whole procedure lasted several hours which i think is a bit long for a medical information officer role. Also there is a telephone interview about a week or 2 beforehand. I wasnt happy that they didnt give me feedback on the interview though.

Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my cover letter and CV and was then called for assessment center. Started by having lunch with previous interns and other candidates where I had chance to ask questions and get to know everyone. There were 6 of us and they chose 3. Then a HR interview, basic competency questions. Us star and it should be okay. Then a technical interview about basic statistical questions. Then a group task. Though didn't get the job I was given a detailed feedback and it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• "Describe yourself in 3 words." "Tell me a time when you had a conflict with someone."etc.   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Initial comms were speedy. Arrived for interview to be met by an HR Manager who yawned her way through whole interview. I didn't get the role, which wasn't right for me, so probably a good decision on their part. I asked for feedback and heard nothing at all back.

Telesales - Accuchek Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burgess Hill, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Roche (Burgess Hill, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruitment agency and got an interview within a few days. When I arrived I was given a 'personality test' to complete by the receptionist. This involved having groups of 4 words to choose from and you had to select which was most like you and which was one least like you. They were things like 'aggressive' 'even tempered' 'competitive' 'laid back' etc. At times it was tough as sometimes all 4 words would be quite negative, and I found myself putting what I thought they wanted to hear rather than the truth. I then went into the interview which was held by 2 people. They were friendly and it wasn't as corporate as I expected. They asked me to talk through the last few years of my CV, they did ask why I left all my old workplaces. They then asked me questions, some on what I knew about the product I'd be selling, a little about what I knew about the company, why do I want to work there, the usual things. I had prepared for lots of competency based questions and they didn't ask me any! Other questions were "have you ever implemented a change in the workplace that was successful" "and have you implemented one that was unsuccessful" "where would you like your career to go" "what is your ideal working environment". It was quite relaxed, but I didn't feel they asked me questions which showed my full potential. The offices are big, modern and really nice, I was looking forward to using the free onsite gym but I got the impression it was quite a boring place to work, the people seemed very nicey nicey and not very outgoing.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between sales and customer service?   1 Answer

Graduate Regulatory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Cover and CV online; Invitation to Assessment Center; Presentation, group task and 1-2-1 interview with two managers- A bit of a long winded process however they only choose 6 to come to the graduate assessment day. Some of the people there were PhD students and international students.

Health Economics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roche (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Site tour, technical competency test, HR asking personal questions, meeting the team. About 45 minutes for technical competency, 45 minutes for personal questions from HR, about 30 minutes for a presentation, 45 minutes for meeting the team lunch.

Interview Questions

• Expected me to state a salary range without having offered me a job. When I asked if we were at the stage of them formally providing an offer of employment, I got a nothing response. Effectively, they wanted to pressure someone into working for peanuts.   1 Answer

Hospital Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roche in May 2009.

Interview

I was contacted at short notice to attend an interview at their HQ in Welwyn Garden City, having applied directly for a post via their website, not through a third party agency. Although it was difficult to organise time off, as I'm in a busy full time job- and a long drive- I knew that it would be a worthwhile experience. I'm in the NHS, trying to return to pharma (where I started my career several years ago) and have felt hampered by not having the ABPI or recent product sales experience, even for non promotional roles. It was refreshing to see recruitment handled directly, and to meet the line manager straight away, rather than at the final stage of an agency led process.

The questions were well thought through and I didn't feel at a disadvantage not having recent selling experience. They seemed open to new approaches and viewpoints, particularly from a PCT commissioner (which is what I do). I had plenty of opportunity to ask direct questions and had done some research by talking to company reps I know in other areas.

Although I didn't get the post as there was a better qualified candidate on the day, I was given some very useful advice and encouragement (which would've been hard to find out on my own). I learnt a lot and will continue to apply for posts with the company- the high calibre of their reps is reflected in that of their national/ senior managers.

Interview Questions

• If I had some funding available for training for your development, what would your line manager say it'd be good for you to do?   1 Answer