Roche Interview Questions in Welwyn Garden City, England | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)).

Interview

Most of the questions were based on showing my skills and I had to answer using the STAR structure. Questions also based on company's values. The interviewer was very approachable and it felt more like a conversation rather than an assessment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you experienced and how you handled it   Answer Question

Drug Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online via the company website. About a week after the deadline I was invited to a face to face interview at their HQ in Welwyn. They paid for travel expenses and to get from the train station to the offices is a free shuttle bus and all I had to do was show my interview letter to be able to catch it.

The interview was about an hour long and there was the manager I would be reporting to and the head of the department present. I had to make a 10 min presentation on what PV means to patients, HCPs and the company and answer about 5 mins of questions about it afterwards. There was about 40 mins on my skills and experience (including specific examples of core criteria e.g. give an example of a time you've had to deal with a stressful situation and how you handled it) and at the end there was about 5 mins for me to ask any questions if needed.

About 2 weeks later some one from HR contacted me to offer me the job and a few days later after some negotiations I accepted and received the contract in the post about 1 day later.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions like what is your experience, why are interested etc...   1 Answer

Medical Information Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

the actual day invoved and presentation, group interview, 1:1 intervew, writing and exercise
    The whole procedure lasted several hours which i think is a bit long for a medical information officer role. Also there is a telephone interview about a week or 2 beforehand. I wasnt happy that they didnt give me feedback on the interview though.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview required a presentation on a scenario provided to the candidates. Not many questions have been asked post the presentation as I was told the presentation was comprehensive. The application pricess was a long one.

Interview Questions

• How do you deliver negative news to management   1 Answer

Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my cover letter and CV and was then called for assessment center. Started by having lunch with previous interns and other candidates where I had chance to ask questions and get to know everyone. There were 6 of us and they chose 3. Then a HR interview, basic competency questions. Us star and it should be okay. Then a technical interview about basic statistical questions. Then a group task. Though didn't get the job I was given a detailed feedback and it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• "Describe yourself in 3 words." "Tell me a time when you had a conflict with someone."etc.   Answer Question

Drug Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

1 hour interview. Initial meet and greet giving an outline of the job role and the company etc... which lasted about 20 mins. Then I had to give a 15 minute presentation on what Drug Safety meant to patients, the company and the regulatory authorities. Then it finished off with time for me to ask any questions and when I should expect to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to join the Drug Safety Department in particular when I also had a lot of experience in Medical Information.   Answer Question

Country Clinical Trials Assistant (Student Placement) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

- Lasted about an hour
    - Group interview with project manager and line manager
    - Involved basic behavioural questions
    - Asked about job-related skills (as specified in the job description)
    - CV was addressed
    - Friendly, supportive atmosphere
    - No other assesments after the interview, just this one to get selected

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work under pressure.   Answer Question

Graduate Regulatory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Cover and CV online; Invitation to Assessment Center; Presentation, group task and 1-2-1 interview with two managers- A bit of a long winded process however they only choose 6 to come to the graduate assessment day. Some of the people there were PhD students and international students.

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roche (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

Met with the Hiring manager, standard personality, problem solving, project management and technical interview
    followed by HR grilling

Overall pretty straight forward just ensure you have lot examples to back your answers

Negotiation

negotiated was offered a tiny bit more