Rochester City School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rochester City School District

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rochester City School District (Rochester, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

group interview with 5 people/ conference room/ scripted dialogue. I was contacted by HR to meet with the principal of an all boys high school. Upon arrival, I was taken to a conference room where I was introduced to a panel of interviewers. Each member of the panel had interview questions. After answering the questions I was asked to tell them why I felt I was a good candidate. I explained my years of experience personal and professional.

Interview Questions

• What incentives would you use to encourage students to learn?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rochester City School District (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Brief phone conversation
    One face-to-face interview, partly in English and partly in Spanish.
    After the interview itself, I met briefly with the HR chief to discuss salary and benefits, and then was escorted to the school where I would be teaching to do a walk through of the building and briefly meet building administration.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a student you don't like?   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rochester City School District.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, took 2 more months to hear back from a school. Called in for interview, sat down with 6 staff including the Principle, Vice Principle and teacher whose room I would be in. Offered position the next morning.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can handle difficult behaviors?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

Fir a retired teacher, it took me about 5 minutes to fill out the application and there was no interview since I was already a employee of 30+ years. They really need subs and the retired teachers from the RCSD are the best since they are already used to the urban teaching environment.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview for retired employees.   1 Answer
    • There was no interview for retired employees.   1 Answer
    • There was no interview for retired employees.   1 Answer