Rochester General Hospital Patient Care Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rochester General Hospital Patient Care Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Rochester General Hospital

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rochester General Hospital

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rochester General Hospital.

Interview

The whole process took about a month. A lot of that had to do with availability for interview dates. You have to register for a date, but if they were all full, you have to go to the next available. Mine was 2 weeks out. The first interview was an open interview with other interviewees (about 15) with a recruiter. She sat us around a table and asked us questions we could just answer out loud in a group. She told us to wait about 1.5 weeks to contact her. I got another email inviting me for another interview with a hiring manager for a week . I expected that to be more of a quiet one on one interview. But it was in a big conference room in the hospital. A lot of tables set up with unit managers all around. You go and sit with them and get interviewed one on one while there's a bunch of other applicants getting interviewed all around you at the same time. In actually made it less intimidating for me! The manager was really nice and easy to talk to. I asked her just as much questions (maybe even more) as she did. It showed interest by me. One week later I got hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Definitely show genuine interest in what you're applying for. Ask questions about the specific environment you will be working in. Eye contact, and smile!

Other Interview Reviews for Rochester General Hospital

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rochester General Hospital (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First a group interview where they ask you why patient care with a large group of other candidates. Then they call you back if interested and ask you if you're interested in a unit they have available for a position. Then you go to an interview with the departments manager and then shadow and then wait for a call with an offer etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just had my interview and they said they'd call me within the week. I feel pretty good about it. Just be open and really evaluate the environment when you're there to see if it's really something you'd enjoy doing.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rochester General Hospital (Rochester, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Sit with manager and get to know him/her and then you sit for a peer interview with staff working on that unit. The manager and the peer interview vary in style. The managerial interview is more of a conversation whereas the peer interview is more of a behaviorial interview. They just want to see how you have reacted to certain types of situations in the past. They stress REAL LIFE examples, NOT hypotheticals.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose our unit/floor/department?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasnt difficult at all. Once offered a position and an offer is ultimately made then you have the opportunity to further discuss any changes before jumping on board.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rochester General Hospital (Rochester, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed, first in an open session, then 1:1 with supervisor, then a peer interview. Shadowed at first, then decided I liked it there, then was offered position after the peer interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. I was offered a per diem job, and it worked for me because I am in Nursing school.