Rock Candy Media Content Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rock Candy Media Content Strategist Interview Questions

2.0

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rock Candy Media (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

A brief phone call with the CEO followed by a sample piece of content to place on the Rock Candy Media blog. Interview was short. Feedback was nonexistent. At this point they will hire anyone due to the high turnover rate.

Other Interview Reviews for Rock Candy Media

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rock Candy Media (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

One of the most important questions is whether you are easily offended. The casual environment means there is a lot of political incorrectness. Make sure to dress well. Not flip-flops. You will be disqualified immediately. Wearing a backpack also doesn't help, though I did.

Another tip: send them your resume through their online careers form now. The boss likes when someone has already applied for a job, and when a position opens up, they go through those resumes before they ever post the job.

If you don't get an email back from them, it's because they are very busy.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about Rock Candy Media?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Often the job will start at a lower salary or wage with the chance to get a raise 3 months later. That's no BS - you will probably get that raise if you're a good fit. I negotiated the salary up, but lower than I'd hoped. A year later I was making almost twice as much.