RockYou Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2018

2.9

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RockYou (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

It was so disorganized and had been sent mixed messages. They had a change in management and went from a pending offer to not being the right fit. The C level was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They want to know if you have multi-cultural experience and programmatic.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RockYou in June 2015.

Interview

The interview has three rounds. First was an algorithm code question. It's not hard. Second round was going through the resume and asked a lot of frond-end knowledges, MySql. Third round is about TCP, HTTPS protocol, previous project.

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RockYou (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Lengthy and thorough in the beginning. After 4 rounds of interview, it looks like they got confused of their own needs. The process went for ~3 months. Met a bunch of VPs and a whole lot of Directors (Yes, there are a lot of directors at this company). At the end of wasting so much time, they didnt think it was important to tell the candidate one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• Som technical and mostly generic products related.   1 Answer

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RockYou (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was alright. The person who interviewed me was stuttering a bit so I think she was more nervous than I was. After the phone interview, she asked me to do a design test.

Interview Questions

• How would you monetize a gaming app to generate more revenue?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at RockYou in May 2014.

Interview

Started with a half hour phone screen. The office interview was pretty relaxed, it lasted about 3 hours and I met with five or six different people. It was mostly a "fit" interview with a couple technical questions mixed in. Everyone is very relaxed there, it probably helps to have a similar attitude.

Interview Questions

• What is one change you'd make to a game of your choice? Be detailed.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RockYou (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Consisted of phone screens by HR & QA Manager. In-person interviews with all the teams you would be interfacing with. Was brought in for 2 days for a total of 6+ hours each.

Digital Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RockYou (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

had a phone interview, which lead to a group interview a couple days later. it consisted of everyone on the team i would be working with, so it was a little intense. they asked plenty of questions about flash, but i never got the sense that they disapproved. they were just really interested in getting to know me. afterwards at the end of the interview, there was a company activity that i was invited to participate in, which i agreed to. got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• i dont remember specifically, but there was a bitmap vs vector in flash question that threw me off, but they didnt get upset when i got it wrong, they explained why i got it wrong and were very upbeat during the process.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RockYou in December 2013.

Interview

RockYou came to our office and met with our product team. They asked questions mostly to the product owners, and then a very short interview with the others involving what their part in the product was. Shortly after, the people that RockYou liked had a 1 on 1 meeting with their HR about their offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your role in maintaining your product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RockYou (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a 2 step process - First phone interview with hiring manager about job positions and some basic technical questions.
    Step 2 - onsite technical interview in which multiple engineers asked technical questions. Explained my current job role and how it matches with their job requirement.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about Analytics, BI reporting, HIVE, hadoop etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RockYou (Redwood City, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Very pleasant phone interview, talked about previous working experience.
    Onsite interview was highly technical, but interviewer was willing to help and communicate the problem.

Advice to candidates:
    Stay focused and try to communicate the problem. Reveal your thinking process clearly.

People I met in this company are very knowledgeable, supportive and easy going.
    Work culture is awesome, a lot of opportunity to learn and grow.

Interview Questions

• Reverse order of element in a linked lists.   1 Answer