Cover image for Rocket Internet

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Rocket Internet Business Development Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 148 interviews

Campus Recruiting33%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Rocket Internet

Application

I interviewed at Rocket Internet

Interview

Two step: 1) Personal fit interview, 2) Case study interview Standard online application process. Sent a CV & cover letter. Then had a HR screen interview that was relatively straight forward and then a longer 1 hr case study interview with a C-level at the company whose team I would be joining.

Interview Questions
  • What new products could we launch? What geographies would be best?
    Answer Question

Rocket Internet

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocket Internet

Interview

Direct interview with one of the co-founder of the rocket venture. Very informal and with lots of feedback. We mostly went over my experience and my motivation, plus a quick excel test and a brief market sizing problem.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

77 Comments

Tech

632.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Rocket Internet~459865
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Rocket Internet? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Rocket Internet employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Employee in Milan

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Internet (Milan) in Sep 2019

Interview

-CV and cover letter - phone interview - face to face interview - group assignment with 3 other candidates the group assingment was set up in a individual sales pitch activity and a group activity

Interview Questions
  • why Rocket internet? why business development? tell us about a time you failed and what did you do to cope with it? what is your biggest strenght & development need

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rocket Internet (Claremont, CA) in Nov 2015

Interview

They called. Call dropped multiple times. Skype did not work either, very unprofessional. Afterwards I followed up but did not receive anything back to them. This seems common. The experience was not enjoyable.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Rocket Internet

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rocket Internet in Sep 2015

Interview

My interview was over a Skype call. The first half of the interview was a mixture of behavioral questions and testing knowledge of the company. The second half consisted of two case study questions. The interviewer was slightly rude at times, but for the most part it was not a big deal.

Interview Questions
  • If your company is trying to enter into the cosmetics industry in the US, what would your entry strategy be?
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Internet (London, England) in Aug 2015

Interview

Short. Was not contacted for more than a month. I had to ask them to reply. The interviewers did not say much.. She was quite through the entire process. I felt like i was talking to myself.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Internet (Chicago, IL) in Sep 2014

Interview

Two skype interviews wtih managers from Germany. Nothing out of the ordinary, general business related questions that can be answered logically. Questions related to marketing campaigns. Also asked a mini case question, which I was able to answer

Interview Questions
  • There was nothing unexpected. I wasn't expecting to be asked a case-interview in the first round

Anonymous Employee in Berlin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Internet (Berlin) in Feb 2014

Interview

Two interviews, first with higher level management focused on motivation and behavioural aspects. Second interview with mid-management, case based. The first interview was in english while the second in german; the company culture is clearly german dominant and speaking the language is a big plus. Standard motivational questions (why the job, why the company, why me) and easy market sizing case (based on the company's operations - knowledge of business model helps).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rocket Internet

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Rocket Internet in Apr 2012

Interview

Heard about posting through alumni connections, so sent in my resume. Was soon in contact with their international recruiter, a very nice woman, and after an initial informational interview she said she would put me in touch with relevant local offices. Had to wait two whole months before the Singapore office finally got in touch, and in the meantime had gotten much more excited about other opportunities. The interview was a Skype talk without video, with a young and very no-nonsense young woman, who asked about my interest in the business, my relevant experience with entrepreneurship, difficult leadership experiences. She reiterated that the work environment would be very fast-paced. Overall, I didn't have what they were looking for, but I also didn't think I would have liked the experience, so everybody won.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Internet (Kuala Lumpur) in Mar 2012

Interview

I received an email from HR , sent me 3 puzzle questions . After getting selected moved to phone interview. Initially a Managing director called me over skype, and then handed over the call to Hiring manger (NO one has a defined roles &positions as it is a startup firm).

Interview Questions
  • Asked a puzzle, and asked me to answer it using any programming lanaguage.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews