Cover image for Rocket Internet

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Rocket Internet Mobile Developer Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2015

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 148 interviews

Interviews at Rocket Internet

Negative100%
Applied online100%
2.0
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Rocket Internet (Berlin)

Interview

1 Multiple choice test (72minutes) 1 Open test, create an app following the specifications (120 minutes) 1 Technical interview over Skype. (120 minutes) Based on previous results another test (120 minutes) & technical interview.

Interview Questions
  • They questioned some solutions used on the test, to be sure that you understand the reason on why they where used and if there where other alternatives
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Rocket Internet

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Internet

Interview

They asked multiple-choice questions on HackerRank site. After that, they gave an assignment to be completed in 2 hours which was very easy. After sending the assignment I didn't get any reply for almost 3 weeks and when I asked them they said that their personal is out of office. They rejected me saying that I have to gain more experience (: I got an offer from a more professional and prestigious company (well known by everyone) meanwhile, so that's not a problem for me. It's strange because I have used very sophisticated methods to do the job which is beyond an average senior level. I think they may be using these interviews and codes to gain time while developing their own projects. I have send them a notice to not to use my code in anywhere. After reading so much about Rocket Internet and it's methods, I still wanted to experience it my self to see if what's written everywhere is true or not. Unfortunately all are true. You may get a good salary (I didn't get an offer so I don't know the salary in Berlin) if you accept to work overtime a lot and If you have a chance to pass the interview. Final recommendation? Try your chance to see if it fits you or not. After all, I would still try it even if I knew the truth. Would I be happy to work there? If I were accepted with a huge salary and If I had good work/life balance, it might be for a short term until I find another job. Working methods and decision system of the company does not fit me; though it may fit you. (Do not write or share important code blocks with the company, just to what is necessary in a very standard way) Also, note that, people who reads your code probably just trying to see a standart-template code or method. They either are not really capable of reading sophisticated code, or to eliminate large numbers of applications they just look for memorized easy code. They can select a candidate in a shorter time this way, but the ones they hire will probably make them loose time, guys it is not university anymore (: I had to write this to let others know about what's really going on, so they can prepare to interview in a better way. Would I accept their offers? No as I got an offer from a better company that suits me more. Would I criticize anyone who accepts their offer? Ofcourse not. Try it, if you pass it and if it makes you happy for sometime, who cares?

Interview Questions
  • Fetch items from internet via JSON and show it in a table, save to db, cache images, show images, etc.. classical question. This is asked in interviews of almost every company. So nothing special or confidential.
3 people found this interview helpful

77 Comments

Tech

632.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Rocket Internet~459865
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Rocket Internet? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Rocket Internet employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl