Rockstar Games Devops Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 198 interviews

Interviews at Rockstar Games

Negative100%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Rockstar Games

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (San Diego, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

HR Screening followed by 45 min. interview with Hiring Manager. After discussing my qualifications, which he liked the interview turned sour as he asked about why I wanted to work for Rockstar. I do not play videos games and that was disturbing to him since "most people" are applying because they want the prestige of working on a video game they adore. In fact they adore the video game so much that they are willing to put in 60-70, even 80 hour work weeks during "crunch time" -- which for this game is Jan 2018 to Oct 31 2018. They expected late nights and weekends during this crunch time and then a minimum of 60 hours per week during non-crunch time. I conveyed that in my experience working those long hours for months at a time is counterproductive and often means that you need to adjust the team size or the deadline. He told me that I would work that hard because its an honor to be part of current culture and a video game. The arrogant attitude and long hours is probably why they have such a high turnover and burnout rate. I ended the call by saying I would not work 80 hours for 9 months -- and we parted ways.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to work 80 hours a week for a 9 month pre-release "crunch time"?
    1 Answer