Rockstar Games Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 66 of over 138 interviews

Campus Recruiting3%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

They asked me to send the portfolio link for technical evaluation after I had mailed them a copy of my application along with my resume and a cover letter explaining my reasons for applying to Rockstar

Interview Questions
  • Asked me for my technical skills and portfolio
    Answer Question

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

Part 1:- application to first video interview took about 10 days, you are given 5 days to take the video interview where you record yourself answering a number of questions, your given 2:30mins to think then you have 1:30mins to answer.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockstar Games in Feb 2021

Interview

It was a short process took about 10 minutes or less. I was directed the right way and was satisfied with my interview. Staff that I spoke to were very clear spoken and respectful, honestly an amazing brand.

Interview Questions
  • One thing I was asked was if I had prior knowledge and education for this position.
4 people found this interview helpful

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockstar Games in Jan 2021

Interview

Applied online on Rockstar career page. Received a phone interview invitation. The process is pleasure. Basically some general questions asked from HR. I don't do it well since it is my first time to look for an oversea job.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you choose Rockstar? How is your English level? Why do you want to leave previous work?

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

Applied online through their website. Waited for an invitation to EasyHire for an interview. The interview was a recorded interview with a few questions. The interviews question were mostly about Rockstar's game and their online services such as their Social Club.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

it was a recorded video interview at first, and then a online zoom video call with a team after getting through the first stage. was really nice and chilled and felt professional too

Interview Questions
  • not sure if i remember exactly but they were mostly experience based. mainly getting to know you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (San Diego, CA) in Sep 2020

Interview

The interview was an online assessment, right after I talked to the HR, who contacted me via email. One week later, I received the email from the HR to ask me for the second interview, that I will talk to the team lead on the phone.

Interview Questions
  • NDA, it's technical online assessment related to algorithm fundamental.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (Oakville, ON) in Aug 2020

Interview

3 rounds, talk to recruiter, C++ codility challenge, talk with team leads and office head. Team leads and office heads were very rude. I talked to them about my personal projects and they asked me questions I had already answered. Different team leads then repeated the exact same question that someone else had just asked despite the fact that I had answered them already. It was clear no one was even paying attention in the meeting. Recruiter was polite and replied quickly. 3 codility questions, 2 easy and 1 hard.

Interview Questions
  • String manip, BFS, DFS, DP, How would you optimize millions of dynamic light sources? Talk about personal projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in Jul 2020

Interview

It appears unclear throughout the whole process where you stand with the team. After an Intial phone call with a talent advisor, I had a Zoom Interview with 3 more senior members of the Tools Department and then followed up with the talent advisor. 6 weeks go by with no further update other than to enquire if Im still interested. 16 weeks after my intial phone interview, I was asked if I'd take the position if I had to relocate, I interviewed a further two times with team memebrs from the tool department who said 'they're impressed by what I have to offer' but had some uncertainty about my current fit for the role and wanted me onboard for another role that wasn't available yet. But after asking if I can put together some of my more specific programming work and 'build them an application in WPF' I realised they're just stringing me on. Almost as if its a game for them to see how far a graduating student would go to get a poition on the team. I submitted a presentation of work, which after a week of them having it, I just recieved notification that they woudnt be moving forward. Don't let them waste your time. Carrot and the Stick, wasted 20+ weeks in this process. Peoples time have value weather or not they work for you.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel your design background will benefit our team over someone working in computer science?

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

Recruited by on LinkedIn by Rockstar's recruiter. What a waste of time. One of the most unprofessional recruiters I’ve had to deal with. Received a generic email for a role that didn’t fit me. Rescheduled a call with the recruiter twice. No show twice and got a generic “you don’t fit” email after a quick chat with her.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Interviews