Rockwell Automation Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

first I had a 30-minute phone interview, then had a one-hour onsite interview, during which I gave a presentation about my research and work experience, they asked some detail about it, and I explained to them, and then I had a 30-minute tour about the work environment. And I asked some question about the internship.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Automation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Houston, TX).

Interview

One interview through phone so far. Initial contact was through website. Received an email about a month later. After the email a phone interview was setup and I was told to reach out if I haven't heard back in 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to show leadership.
      How would you explain something complicated in simple terms?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

I applied online through the college job board and also on the company's careers website. Got a call for an interview. Since I lived far from the location, it was a video interview. There was only one interview in the process where the HR representative as well as the manager were present. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes with mixed questions from the behavioral as well as technical standpoint.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond to finish the job assigned to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

I initially met with a Rockwell Employee representative at a career fair who then had me come in for an on-campus interview. This interview was more of the basic HR questions and then I moved on to the final interview with my former boss. This was more informal taking about the position itself and the qualities I possess to fill the role. He wanted to know about my customer service skills and how I dealt with difficult situations.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation in October 2014.

Interview

One phone interview with the hiring manager and a team manager. Then they asked me to do a presentation on a problem they gave me ahead of time. The onsite lasted 3+ hours. Presentation was given to the hiring manager, the team manager, a team member, a visitor engineer, HR and the VP. Then one to one talk with a manager from another group. Then supposed to be one on one with the HR but he left early due to urgent family issue. So I got a tour with the team member. Then the one on one talk with the VP. The next day I had another phone interview with the director, who was unable to attend my presentation due to travel. This is round one. The round two will be next week.

Negotiation

Round 2 is on my way.

Anonymous Employee in Minneota, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Minneota, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Met the manager at the U. Followed up via a couple of emails and phone calls. On-site interview where I was presented a 'problem set' to work on which was kind of cute. Good interview, got a tour of the facility and an offer on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Charlotte, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Spoke with a manager about possible career opportunities, although none were available at that time. Interviewer was friendly and helpful. Discussed topics such as my background, previous employers, and general descriptions of Sales Engineer and Field Service Engineer positions. I was also given the phone numbers of current employees in each position and instructed to contact them in order to become familiar with their day to day responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• What technical skills are you familiar with? Do you have any experience with PLC's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Birmingham, AL) in January 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume online, was called for a phone interview. Then I was called for a group interview in Milwaukee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating was needed. They were offering everything I wanted and more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2009.

Interview

I applied the position online and get a 30 minutes phone interview by hiring manager, mainly qustions are tech questions. Several behavioral questions like future plan

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewer wanted candidate to show confidence and have job compentency.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time where you did not perform to your best ability?   Answer Question