Rockwell Automation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was very casual and I felt went poorly because the interviewing engineer was awkward. For the in-person interview it was 4 parts over 4 hours, in the same room. It started with the program manager who just wanted to get a feel for who I was and so on. The next three interviews were all the same into as to who I was and my experience and then it was all coding from there on. Each Interviewer asked several code questions, both C and C++.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to go through an array and return the number of even numbers.   1 Answer
    • Class structure: being able to use classes for both constructors and destructors.   Answer Question
    • Solve:

unsigned int ui8 = (40u-100);

where ui8 is 8 bits   1 Answer
    • Solve:
      char a=(0x04|0x0B&0x02|0x08);   1 Answer
    • Write a function to go through an array and count how many numbers are repeated and return this number.   2 Answers

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a few weeks from HR to conduct phone screen. From there I was invited to do a video interview, where you answer basic questions to a video camera. No a real person. I was then asked onsite to panel interview with 5 people.

Electrical Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Lowell, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

First round was phone screening and it wasn't so hard. Second round was onsite and I was interviewed by 5 ppl. Four different project leaders and hr. It took about 3 hrs. I would suggest a good night of sleep.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The company provided a link that directs you to an online interview site. I got asked 7 questions with 3 mins maximum duration per question, and was given unlimited trials for each question.

Interview Questions

• What is your most favorite programming language? Your experience with the language?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (State College, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through University in February 2017 and was interviewed the following day. Did not hear back from them until May. I was interviewed by two people and thought it went very well. Was more disappointed they did not get back to me then not getting the internship.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to deal with an ethical issue.   Answer Question

Facilities Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the HR manager. He took notes as he asked the questions. He was very polite and congenial. I was asked specifics about the job. He answered questions about the company and what projects were coming up. He asked about my experience in different areas what I contributed to each job that I had. We ended on a good note and I was told when the decision would be made.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Twinsburg, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was comfortable and non-stressful. They asked pertinent questions for the position. I was interviewed by the manager and another engineer. This was an inside interview vs. an outsider interview and knew the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• People don't like change. You have to make a change on the production line. How are you going to handle it.   1 Answer

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I applied for a supply planner position with Rockwell Automation and received a response within a week. We set up a date and time for the initial phone interview. Unfortunately, I had to reschedule (granted this was unprofessional on my part, I had a family emergency). We decided on the afternoon the following day. The time came and went and I did not receive a call. Thirty minutes later I called the HR rep. and she did not answer so I left a voicemail. Two hours later she called back, did not even acknowledge she missed the interview. We scheduled a new time for a couple days later. Again, I waited around for the phone call but never received it and could not reach her by phone. At this point I had taken time from my work schedule for these interviews. I emailed her back and declined any further interview attempts but never received any response. This was highly unprofessional and I was very disappointed at their interview process.

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation in October 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks, I cleared the HR round. They asked only the questions related to my resume. The interview went well but they cancelled the positions so the procedure went nowhere. It was a good experience. The interviewer lady seemed impressed. At least she contacted me for letting me know that the positions were cancelled.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Houston, TX).

Interview

One interview through phone so far. Initial contact was through website. Received an email about a month later. After the email a phone interview was setup and I was told to reach out if I haven't heard back in 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to show leadership.
      How would you explain something complicated in simple terms?   Answer Question