Rockwell Automation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Automation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

2 day round-robin interview process. First day was a general overview with all of the other candidates about the direction of the company and an overview. Later we split into smaller groups for more specified details on the position and to ask questions. After that we were assigned into 4 person teams for engineering olympics which was a series of tasks to accomplish in 45 minutes and ranked on the outcome. Finally that day we had a networking event with upper management and alumni from the program. That second day was the actual interview which was panel style and about an hour long with an engineer, an HR representative, and a Vice President of the specific business unit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed and how did you react to that?   Answer Question
    • Are you extremely location flexible?   Answer Question
    • What are some examples of you specifically leading a team or a task? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenging project you have worked on and how would you have approached it differently?   Answer Question

Rockwell A&S LDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Laid back, two-day event, learn about Rockwell, meet the interviewers and other candidates. The provide lots of free food and pay for your flight out. It's called a "Round Robin." and was located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed at something and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth. I was contacted by a senior engineer for a 30-minute technical phone screen. Afterwards, I was invited to their Mayfield Heights campus for an on-site interview. The day consisted of three 30-minute 1:1 interviews with engineers in the department, a tour of the facility, and lunch. Everyone I spoke to was very cordial and respectful, and I didn't feel very pressured at all. All the interviews followed roughly the same format: ask about my resume, some technical questions, and a whiteboard problem. None of the questions were particularly tricky, and they didn't ask any behavioral ("STAR") questions. One week later, they responded with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you've worked on and some of the challenges that you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation in October 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks, I cleared the HR round. They asked only the questions related to my resume. The interview went well but they cancelled the positions so the procedure went nowhere. It was a good experience. The interviewer lady seemed impressed. At least she contacted me for letting me know that the positions were cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with any Rockwell automation Products?   Answer Question

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I applied for a supply planner position with Rockwell Automation and received a response within a week. We set up a date and time for the initial phone interview. Unfortunately, I had to reschedule (granted this was unprofessional on my part, I had a family emergency). We decided on the afternoon the following day. The time came and went and I did not receive a call. Thirty minutes later I called the HR rep. and she did not answer so I left a voicemail. Two hours later she called back, did not even acknowledge she missed the interview. We scheduled a new time for a couple days later. Again, I waited around for the phone call but never received it and could not reach her by phone. At this point I had taken time from my work schedule for these interviews. I emailed her back and declined any further interview attempts but never received any response. This was highly unprofessional and I was very disappointed at their interview process.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Houston, TX).

Interview

One interview through phone so far. Initial contact was through website. Received an email about a month later. After the email a phone interview was setup and I was told to reach out if I haven't heard back in 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to show leadership.
      How would you explain something complicated in simple terms?
      Answer Question

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute interview. About four behavioral questions related to the work place and some questions related to my interests. Questions to be answered using the STAR method - Situation, Task, Action, Result. Casual conversation with a friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered an overwhelming situation. What did you do and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Fort Collins, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiters at our career fair and had an on campus interview the next day. It was two back to back interviews, each with two people. The first interview was very relaxed and culture based. The second interview was about theoretical situations and what I would do in them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked about a product you knew nothing about?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview started with "tell me about yourself", and was followed by a series of behavioral questions on how you dealt with certain situations. The interview was very conversational, and interactive.

Interview Questions

• One time you had to take initiative?
      One time you had to deal with conflict?
      One time you were required to make a difference?
      Answer Question

Customer Data Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Met with manager and team leader talked about the assignment and what it all entailed. Also spoke in what department the assignment would be in and with whom I would be working with. We spoke of my background and experiences as well as how long I did each assignment. Talked about hours, flexibility and how many days in the week the assignment would be for.