Rockwell Automation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.8

CP&S LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, nothing outside the typical interview questions. The program actually isn't related to leadership, and I was quite disappointed that the program did not represent what I applied for. I was quickly turned off by the company. On the tour, their empty offices and empty floors made me skeptical about joining their company, as I became unsure about the company's future. Everything in the building seemed to be outdated.

Two day event:
    First day you learn about the company, second day the company learns about you.

Don't ask stupid questions.

Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of a engineering concept that you have recently used.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

Behavioral followed by some simple and short technical questions. They mainly focused on your personality, ability to work with people, and basic engineering abilities. Met with most of the engineering team members followed by some members of senior management.

Interview Questions

• Free body diagram of a simply supported beam   1 Answer

Associate Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was very casual and I felt went poorly because the interviewing engineer was awkward. For the in-person interview it was 4 parts over 4 hours, in the same room. It started with the program manager who just wanted to get a feel for who I was and so on. The next three interviews were all the same into as to who I was and my experience and then it was all coding from there on. Each Interviewer asked several code questions, both C and C++.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to go through an array and return the number of even numbers.   1 Answer
    • Class structure: being able to use classes for both constructors and destructors.   Answer Question
    • Solve:

unsigned int ui8 = (40u-100);

where ui8 is 8 bits   1 Answer
    • Solve:
      char a=(0x04|0x0B&0x02|0x08);   1 Answer
    • Write a function to go through an array and count how many numbers are repeated and return this number.   2 Answers

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a few weeks from HR to conduct phone screen. From there I was invited to do a video interview, where you answer basic questions to a video camera. No a real person. I was then asked onsite to panel interview with 5 people.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

This interview experience is for the final round interview only.
    Very fun experience if you're not afraid of talking to people. Keep in mind that you're being interviewed from the time you step onto the campus until the time you leave.
    1. Flown out to Milwaukee headquarters.
    2. Received brief overview of training program and position.
    3. Intense Round Robin Interview schedule with stakeholders (every candidate did not interview the same people).
    4. Required to do a 20 minute presentation to a small audience (2-3 people) on different topics provided by the company.
    5. Group activity to analyze candidates' ability to work in a team (Details can not be disclosed).
    6. LUNCH PROVIDED! :)

Senior Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard hiring manager, HR manager and panel interview. Low pressure. They showed me the facility as well. 10 minutes self-introduction was required. They go through your resume and target the questions on your resume experience.

Electrical Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Lowell, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

First round was phone screening and it wasn't so hard. Second round was onsite and I was interviewed by 5 ppl. Four different project leaders and hr. It took about 3 hrs. I would suggest a good night of sleep.

Production Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Tustin, CA).

Interview

First one was on the phone with HR. Second was on Skype with PCA lead, then P&IC manager. For the offer I got a call from the PCA lead and I started working within the following 3 weeks.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

first I had a 30-minute phone interview, then had a one-hour onsite interview, during which I gave a presentation about my research and work experience, they asked some detail about it, and I explained to them, and then I had a 30-minute tour about the work environment. And I asked some question about the internship.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The company provided a link that directs you to an online interview site. I got asked 7 questions with 3 mins maximum duration per question, and was given unlimited trials for each question.

Interview Questions

• What is your most favorite programming language? Your experience with the language?   Answer Question