Rockwell Automation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.9

Product Marketing Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (State College, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter at my university career fair, all of the recruiters I talked to were extremely friendly. They didn't have the position listing I had seen online, so they took my email. About an hour later I received an email with a scheduled interview the next day. The interview was only scheduled for a half an hour, and thus there were very few questions. What questions there were were very normal and easy to predict based on the application. Could tell what the wanted and all of the concerns. Very open to questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you have been a leader, and what machinery have you worked with?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation in September 2015.

Interview

Got my application through, had a phone interview, then an "On-Demand" interview (recorded answers, no option to re-record). After this I was told that I would be invited for an on-site interview if I performed well enough on the aforementioned test. Test was described to me as "Being given to every applicant, regardless of position / experience."

Interview Questions

• Hardest system you've ever designed, what hang-ups and problems did you have?   Answer Question

Technician, Engineering Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Eden Prairie, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Straight forward interview process. First a phone screen with the engineering manager. Followed by an on-site tour and interview. Interview was broken into 2 sets with 2 interviewers each. Most questions were focused on background and experience. Fairly casual atmosphere with very little HR feel to the interview. Meaning no silly questions about your weaknesses or where you see yourself in 5 years. Just questions to determine your ability to do the job. The questioned were not scripted or predetermined. The interviewers were very helpful about answering questions about the company culture and environment.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time(s) that you've made improvements or changes to that the way things were performed at your work?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with various communication protocols?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with LabView?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Tag team of interviewers, one at a time.
    The normal, uninsightful type of questions to prove what you did, how you handled situations, etc.
    Text book style questioning.

Interview Questions

• The normal, uninsightful type of questions to prove what you did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then an onsite if selected after that. Interviews were around a week in between. They were very nice in their interview and the questions were pretty straight forward like I had imagined.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a struggle you had in a work related job and how you handled it   1 Answer

Sales Data and Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied and heard back a couple weeks later. I did a phone screening with the recruiter. I then proceeded and interviewed with the team I would be on and then interviewed with my direct manager. After this I interviewed with an HR representative and a manager from another team I would be working with on projects.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when someone wants a project completed and you are working on other projects with a higher priority?   Answer Question

Lead, Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to determine mutual interest and fit for the position and company overall. Screener asked most of the questions, mainly looking for behavioral responses. When I asked about reporting structure, department size, etc., screener was helpful and informative.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a situation in which you demonstrated peer to peer influence.   1 Answer

Materials Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Twinsburg, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Since I was hired internally, the interview process was quick and pain free. A few half hour interviews with the manager and the members of the team. Since most people already knew me the questions were more related to what my future plans were.

Interview Questions

• What in your current role can you use in the future role?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

Panel, many question some not related to work. People interviewed, when you know them later are different ... like a "automation divas". So, how to deal with people that have less, but menu less experience than you. People that even has a passport?

Interview Questions

• Are you married? Have children?   1 Answer

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call from the administrative assistant to pre-screen candidates. I heard back from the hiring manager a few days later. Typical interview questions. Hiring manager's main goal was to determine if I had good communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major problem you solved at your previous jobs, How would your coworkers describe you, Why are you interested in working for Rockwell   Answer Question