Rockwell Automation Interview Questions in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH | Glassdoor

Rockwell Automation Interview Questions in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Updated Jun 8, 2017

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was very casual and I felt went poorly because the interviewing engineer was awkward. For the in-person interview it was 4 parts over 4 hours, in the same room. It started with the program manager who just wanted to get a feel for who I was and so on. The next three interviews were all the same into as to who I was and my experience and then it was all coding from there on. Each Interviewer asked several code questions, both C and C++.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to go through an array and return the number of even numbers.   1 Answer
    • Class structure: being able to use classes for both constructors and destructors.   Answer Question
    • Solve:

unsigned int ui8 = (40u-100);

where ui8 is 8 bits   1 Answer
    • Solve:
      char a=(0x04|0x0B&0x02|0x08);   1 Answer
    • Write a function to go through an array and count how many numbers are repeated and return this number.   2 Answers

Embedded Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth. I was contacted by a senior engineer for a 30-minute technical phone screen. Afterwards, I was invited to their Mayfield Heights campus for an on-site interview. The day consisted of three 30-minute 1:1 interviews with engineers in the department, a tour of the facility, and lunch. Everyone I spoke to was very cordial and respectful, and I didn't feel very pressured at all. All the interviews followed roughly the same format: ask about my resume, some technical questions, and a whiteboard problem. None of the questions were particularly tricky, and they didn't ask any behavioral ("STAR") questions. One week later, they responded with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you've worked on and some of the challenges that you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH).

Interview

I first became interested in Rockwell at an event they held on my campus where I gave them my resume. A couple weeks later I received an email about setting up a phone interview. This was a pretty basic interview - just discussed my resume and their products/what they do at Rockwell. I then was contacted for an on-site interview which lasted about 3 hours. This consisted of two technical interviews, a tour, and lunch at their facility. The interviews weren't too difficult and mostly covered some basic data structures and other questions about object oriented programming.

Intern - Research Assistant ( Advanced Technology) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty Straight Forward - Resume forwarded by college.
    Called in for one- one interview at their Mayfield Heights campus.
    Was interviewed mostly on my background, what's on my resume.
    Be prepared to talk a lot on your projects and have knowledge on software development process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to Negotiate.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

On campus interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Invited to Cleveland for round robin interviews. Paid for my hotel and dinner and also provided breakfast and lunch the day of interviewing. There was four interviews with three being technical questions and the fourth being your standard behavioral questions. Each interview lasted around 30 minutes. The company and all its employees were great.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee doing something dishonest.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied at my university's career fair. Received a call inviting me to a round robin interview event on site. Went through 6 interviews for different positions over 4 hours. Mostly behavioral and general technical background questions. Did not have to full on answer a technical coding question. Received an offer over the phone soon afterwards.