Rockwell Automation Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Automation Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview started with "tell me about yourself", and was followed by a series of behavioral questions on how you dealt with certain situations. The interview was very conversational, and interactive.

Interview Questions

• One time you had to take initiative?
    One time you had to deal with conflict?
    One time you were required to make a difference?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Automation

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was situational based - "Tell me about a time when..." They also assess your personality, can you carry on a conversation, are you awkward, are you comfortable having a technical question. I would recommend that you do some research to try to understand what they do as a company and the product they sale, and who their customers are.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were confronted by an angry customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

A bit like being interviewed as though your are right out of college. Was asked about a famous person I admire. Good questions and good pace of interview asked to expand on answers and give examples. When asked what challenges the company faced, I hit a little too hard knowing their products a little too well. The answer was a little too defensive and I think I came off as sounding like a know it all and not a company guy. I was told the position was elminated, not that I was rejected. Don't know if that is true, but that is what I was told.

Interview Questions

• Who is a famous person you admire?   1 Answer
    • Tell me what are the challenges our company faces?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Norristown, PA) in April 2009.

Interview

Fist a phone interview, then on campus interview. Very interested in social skills and presentation skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2009.

Interview

Round one of interview is a campus interivew.
    Followed by a bunch of sales, personality and reasoning tests.
    Then a two day interview at headquarters. Day one info on company. Day two full day of interviews.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accra (Ghana)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Accra (Ghana)) in May 2015.

Interview

The first question goes like "how would you describe yourself. Just try hard to limit your self to your past experience which is related to the position you are been interviewed. Never panic and maintain a close eye contact with the person conducting the interview

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Analyzing my work ethics. So as a worker your ethics speaks alot about who you are.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

In Brasil usually you send your CV and the process follows:
    - Phone Interview at first
    - Phone interview for english evaluation
    - Presential interview with HR and Position Manager
    - If position is Major, you'l need to do a presentation in english and protuguese in front of several Managers
    - Final Director intervies

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They send an letter with all the details of Salary and Benefits. Tried to negotiate for more but coulndt get it, salary was good already.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mumbai (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

group discussion followed by the personal interview by the panel

Interview Questions

• Why should you be given this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

be your selves you will get the job if you are eligible for it. talkative

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation in October 2010.

Interview

I interviewed first with a college recruiter and was notified about a month later that I had made it to their final "Round Robin" set of interviews at the headquarters in Milwaukee, WI. It was a 2 day interview process, with the first day consisting of information sessions and the 2nd day consisting of 3 interviews and a presentation. The questions were very easy and besides the "situational" interview, were all aimed at just getting a feel of the candidate's personality.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer who was expecting a product by a certain deadline which you knew was not going to be met?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation in January 2009.

Interview

This interview was for the Training Program, upon completion of which would then put you into the field as a Sales Engineer. An elaborate interview process beginning from a college career fair to a visit to Headquarters. This process involved back to back interviews with up to 6 Managers.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail the value proposition of Integrated Architecture.   1 Answer