Rockwell Automation Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Automation Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2010.

Interview

The manager is very careful when hiring and hence takes a long time during the process. I first submitted my resume in Sept but I didn't get a call till Nov because he went through the initial list and was not satisfied with the profiles. The manager and senior engineer was happy with my phone interview and was invited for onsite interview. I interviewed with 2 managers and 2 senior engineers and an HR manager. Software related questions were relatively easy to tackle whereas control, hardware related questions were harder for me. It also depends slightly on the personalities and background of the interviewers but I was very frank if I didn't know an answer, attempted to answer if i knew something. The interviewers were very helpful and just wanted to see the extend of your knowledge and experience. I then had to wait another month and they wanted me to present some sample work. Came back after 2 weeks and told me they liked my background but was didn't have enough seniority for the position I interviewed for(which I fully understood and acknowledged to the manager) and hence they offered my an intermediate level position. The pay rate was very competitive and reasonable for the time and position. I accepted the verbal offer. I was also happy to find out about a really good relocation package.

Interview Questions

• questions in C++, software development process and control system   Answer Question