Rockwell Collins Customer Service Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Collins Customer Service Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in September 2013.

Interview

My interview was over the phone only because I was applying for a position overseas and I didn't live near the company headquarters. The questions were exactly what I expected for the position and very similar to others I had done in the past. The interview was about 20 minutes and I received the offer immediately following the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (San Antonio, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

The hiring process with very thorough, and the company was very engaged throughout the process. They run an in-depth background interview and evaluation. They were very clear on the position requirements, the interview, and providing all the HR and benefits information I needed. Very professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward.

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in July 2013.

Interview

pretty easy but the pay wasnt worth it

Interview Questions

• what was the most difficult thing you had to do in life   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Very professional interview, mainly technical related to aviation navigation, communication product line with emphasis on providing technical training to Air Transport, Business and Regional Aircraft system customer and OEM customers. Travel requirements specified were beyond 50% which was acceptable. The joining date was immediate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiable package.

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call a day later. Recruiter said my resume was perfect and immediately asked about salary requirements. Told him a high number and he balked. I said I still had no idea what the job consisted of. I was set up for an interview with the hiring manager the next day. Hiring manager's interview consisted of asking me if the job sounded interesting and if I would want it. I asked him to clarify some of the specifics, but he was unable to. He set up an interview with the site lead for the next week in hopes this would answer all of my questions.

A lunch interview was scheduled with the site lead. In typical fashion I arrived to the restaurant 15 minutes prior to the meeting. Upon arrival I get a phone call from the site lead asking if I was going to make it to the meeting. I tell him I had just pulled into the parking lot to which he replied that he was going to leave his office and meet me there. Twenty minutes later he arrived, five minutes late for his own meeting. I took this as a bad sign.

He didn't have a copy of my resume, so I provided him with a copy. He starts critiquing my resume and qualifications, noting that I have more qualifications than him. So he begins to tell me about the position under the guise of how much he works and how he would assign work to me. In the middle of all of his boasting he starts using foul language. I am not sensitive to such language, but when someone is representing their company and selling a position, I expect him to carry himself in a professional manner.

I am still a bit shocked at how unprofessional Rockwell Collins is when trying to hire new candidates. Recruiter brought up salary very early in the conversation, the hiring manager was unable to describe the specifics of the position, and the site lead was late to his own meeting and used foul language during it.

While the pay was on par with the industry standard, I refuse to be associated with a company that is as unprofessional as this one in just the introduction phase.

Interview Questions

• (Over the phone) "Are you going to be able to make the interview?"   1 Answer

Rockwell Collins came off as completely unprofessional. The recruiter, program/hiring manager, and site lead came off as incompetent and nonchalant about conducting themselves as professionals and answering my questions about the job.

No thank you.

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in February 2010.

Interview

I applied for a position to go to Middle East to support the customer activity.
    I applied for a senior position but the HR immediately rejected because I am only a systems engineer and cannot apply for Senior position. Sent a resume to hiring manager directly and set up an appointment for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Situation based questions such as customer pressure, teamwork, limited resource, etc   Answer Question