Rockwell Collins Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Collins Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I interacted with recruiters and engineers at university recruiting events on campus. I went to their tech talk and spent an hour or two mingling with the Rockwell Collins employees. I received a call that night to schedule an interview the next morning. Interview was with an HR recruiter and a systems engineer. The mood was casual, and they asked me about my interest and passion for aviation as well as how I would react in work environment situations

Interview Questions

• I was given a situation and 5 different responses and I had to rate them in order from best decision to worst.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rockwell Collins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

The interviewer seemed uninterested. He asked general questions such as "What would you do if your team partner was not completing his/her work on time?" He said he was looking for all kinds of engineers when I asked what are they looking for in an intern.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your team partner was not completing his/her work on time?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Completed on-campus interview and was matched to several entry-level positions. Completed phone screen with hiring manager and separate phone interview with project engineer before being flown in for formal interviews with the engineering team and hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2011.

Interview

Received an on-site interview invitation without seeking out the job. Possibly they got my resume from their job fair booth at my university. No telephone pre-screening. Few details provided about the position beforehand. Because they seemed to show so much interest, I accepted the invitation for an on-site.

HR scheduled a very inconvenient flight times without first consulting me. The entire process ended up costing me 3 working days for a single 2-hour interview for a position which was not appropriate to my skills, experience, or interests. The rest of the time was spent in transit or attending various tours of the plant and surrounding area or social functions.

The first day was simply travel, arrival, and check-in to the hotel. They were bringing in new-hires in groups of more than ten, and we were informed we were one of many groups. The second day was interviews (some had as many as 4, I had only 1, but was only informed of this after arriving), plant tour, and ended with a social function at the hotel. The third day consisted of being herded through some corporate housing rentals and then bussed around "exciting" Cedar Rapids while the afternoon was taken up by return travel.

My interview was a fit interview only, with standard questions and a quick tour of the group's lab facilities. Apparently Rockwell Collins is massively staffing up after winning several contracts and taking the firehose approach to hiring. Unless you are extremely interested in this particular company, I recommend carefully evaluating whether a 3-day on-site is worth your time. Try to get HR to tell you how many interviews you will have, beforehand.

From comments gathered from (junior and senior) engineers presently employed with Rockwell Collins, there seems to be a disconnect between HR and Engineering. HR is seen as moving themselves into the most desirable buildings/locations while not tending to the needs of Engineering. Engineers seemed serious about their jobs, fairly happy with the workload and work/life balance, and hiring managers are engaged in looking for the best candidates. They seemed as puzzled as I was as to why I had been brought in for an interview for a job inappropriate to my specialty. The company campus is fairly nice with a mix of new and old buildings and a good recreational center.

HR seems cavalier and unprofessional in their attitude and actions. While senior engineers mingled with potential new-hires during the social event, HR reps clustered at their own table talking amongst themselves and drinking heavily. If you are tapped for a Rockwell Collins interview, do your best to gather information and carefully evaluate the appropriateness of the position before you move forward with the process, so you don't wast your time and the company's money.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve a difficult situation at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cinda, KY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cinda, KY) in February 2009.

Interview

Talked with about 3-4 guys and they asked some technical questions and read some stuff on my resume. They were very bad at responding and stuff. They asked questions unrelated to the job I was applying for like some stuff related to analog circuits. They try to ask some tricky ones so be on guard.

Interview Questions

• What is this circuit that I drew on the board?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

in 1st stage there were written technical as well as aptitude. in technical part some question related to software (simple question from ds,c,c++) and in technical they asked about some question fron communication and digital electronics all are basics.. in interview technical question related to DS/C/C++. and some digital EC.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in September 2008.

Interview

OK seemed efficient

Negotiation

a little

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2008.

Interview

Interview process took a whole day
    Was asked to prepare for a project presentation.
    There were 3 tech interview sessions
    Involved puzzle solving and math/engineering analysis

Interview Questions

• Was asked to derive mathematical models for a dynamic problem.   Answer Question