Rockwell Collins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

Was called by an Engineering Manager who told me about the position and asked me about myself. He was pleasant to talk to and gave me lots of information about what people do in his department

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to set up a phone interview about a week later.
    Interview was just half an hour long and went primarily over my resume. I was told I would hear back from them about an in person interview within a week

Interview Questions

• Of the software and programing languages listed in your resume, which ones are you most proficient in?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

A short behavioral phone screen. Interviewed by a software team manager. Did not receive an offer due to them getting rid of the co-op position because they couldn't find enough work.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging programming project you've worked on.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Just asking behavioral questions about yourself. No technical questions are included because they know what you can do and want to know how you are on a team and if you get along well with other people.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later was contacted by email to set up phone interview. Phone screening interview conducted by senior engineering manager - typical Human Resources based questions, no technical questions asked

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick phone call with HR, 30-min phone interview with Hiring Manager, all-day, on-site interview with writing sample test. Also included a web interview with the remote team, graphics design manager, proposal specialists, and department manager.

Interview Questions

• Mainly team work questions, working with cross-matrix teams.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2017.

Interview

I was contact through a recruiter for a position for a technical writer/trainer with Rockwell Collins in their Marina del Rey site. I was told that I would be interviewed by two people, a program manager and another tech writer for the initial phone screen. Both were based in Bethseda, MD. Only one interviewer was initially on the 30 min call. The second interviewer, the PM , joined the call the last 10 mins. She was calling in from a cell phone and there was so much static that I couldn't hear her clearly. After 10 mins, she said that the interview was over. After waiting a week, I contacted the recruiter and they had heard nothing positive or negatively about a 2nd interview. Three weeks went by and I saw that the position was no longer listed on the RC website. I have interviewed many times over the years but have never experienced such unprofessional follow up. A phone call one way or the other would have been nice. I would not want to work with such a company if this is the way they treat candidates who prepare for interviews and hope to hear something back in a reasonable amount of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2017.

Interview

At first they had a phone screening to talk about my resume, then they invited me to an in person interview with a panel of six people. It took two weeks, and when I asked about the position, they sent me an email letting me know they did not select me.

Quality Control Inspector I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

My interview was canceled two times by the company. Once after I had arrived, and second the day before. Finally was able meet the manager to do a one on one.

Interview Questions

• I really asked more questions than the company manager did.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

Long phone discussion with hiring manager followed by an onsite interview. The manager was a very enthusiastic positive person as was the interview. I was told Rockwell Collins would get back to me in 2-3 weeks. This is the only Company I interviewed with in person that I never heard from again. I consider this to be unacceptable behavior in this day and age where it takes only moments to send an email or text.

Interview Questions

• I had interned with Rockwell the year before, and was well known in the Company. The Manager had contacted me personally regarding the position, and our discussions during the on site interview was behavioral and in depth discussion of the scope of the position.   Answer Question