Rockwell Collins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick phone call with HR, 30-min phone interview with Hiring Manager, all-day, on-site interview with writing sample test. Also included a web interview with the remote team, graphics design manager, proposal specialists, and department manager.

Interview Questions

• Mainly team work questions, working with cross-matrix teams.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2017.

Interview

I was contact through a recruiter for a position for a technical writer/trainer with Rockwell Collins in their Marina del Rey site. I was told that I would be interviewed by two people, a program manager and another tech writer for the initial phone screen. Both were based in Bethseda, MD. Only one interviewer was initially on the 30 min call. The second interviewer, the PM , joined the call the last 10 mins. She was calling in from a cell phone and there was so much static that I couldn't hear her clearly. After 10 mins, she said that the interview was over. After waiting a week, I contacted the recruiter and they had heard nothing positive or negatively about a 2nd interview. Three weeks went by and I saw that the position was no longer listed on the RC website. I have interviewed many times over the years but have never experienced such unprofessional follow up. A phone call one way or the other would have been nice. I would not want to work with such a company if this is the way they treat candidates who prepare for interviews and hope to hear something back in a reasonable amount of time.

Quality Control Inspector I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

My interview was canceled two times by the company. Once after I had arrived, and second the day before. Finally was able meet the manager to do a one on one.

Interview Questions

• I really asked more questions than the company manager did.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

I applied to Rockwell Collins online, I was notified that a hiring manager wanted me to interview the next day. I was expecting a typical phone screen, however, the interview was a technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

Rockwell Collins Response

Nov 21, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your candid feedback. This is a good reminder on the value in setting proper expectations with our candidates. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate teams.

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy to talk to, comfortable situation and I felt they explained the position well. One on one process for the first part of this interview. Second step will be a panel of 3. position to be filled by Mid November. I am currently employed so that would not be a problem at all. I appreciated that he took the time to inform me of the steps for hiring. went through benefits and salary was not discussed.

Interview Questions

• What changes in procedures did I make at my last/current position?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Melbourne, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I did two 1:1 interviews in which standard general interview questions were asked and was informed what my job duties would be. Also had an interview with the engineers that I would be working with that covered technical questions. Everyone was nice and friendly that I talked to at Rockwell Collins.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell use about this circuit card Assembly?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Melbourne, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

All behavior type of questions. Only technical questions were to describe your background as an engineer. They ask behavior questions on strengths, weaknesses, success stories, tell me about yourself and conflicts on previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Best questions were: 1) What will you do to promote diversity, 2) How will you remedy a worker who has an issue completing a task or job, and 3) Sell me this pen in 60 seconds.   1 Answer

Oct 10, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. Even though you weren't selected for this specific role, I'm encouraged to hear that you still had a positive experience with our team. Thanks again.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an on-site interview after a phone screen. The company made flight/hotel reservations and made it a very smooth process. I had four different interviews with a total of 7 managers over a period of three hours. Questions were mostly behavioural and from the resume. The responsibilities of the position and the overall structure of the company was explained quite clearly. All candidates were also taken around to show the simulators and bench testing area. At the end, we were taken out for lunch as well.
    However, the managers did not get back to me about the results of the interview for more than two weeks, until I sent out e-mails and made phone calls regarding the update of my application. This was really disappointing since the overall process was quite quick and they did they that they would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Why Rockwell Collins, relocation preferences, Team work experiences, leadership challenges, strengths/weaknesses, other questions from the resume - experience, education, skills.   Answer Question

Mar 3, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

I appreciate your candid feedback. We strive to provide the best candidate experience throughout all of your interactions with us. I apologize that it took more than two-weeks to be made aware of ... More

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and a HR representative contacted me via email to set up a phone screen. The manager was welcoming and answered my questions. They went over my resume such as my student organization involvement and asked me behavioral questions. A week later I was notified that I was not selected.

Senior Customer Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

This was in the form of a panel interview with three managers. It was very interactive and informative, and they focused on knowledge-based questions as well as educational and background experience. The panel was well-balanced with knowledgeable staff. I felt if was a very good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• Focused on educational background and problem-solving skills.   Answer Question