Rockwell Collins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

281 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Falls, IA).

Interview

It is for accounting summer intern. Manager came to university career fair and we talked and apply online and have a hard copy to him at that event. And prescreen at campus job board, invited to interview. After the interview, about 2 weeks you might be offered a intern. The manager who came to our school is from financial/accounting department. I feel like he has the main authority about hiring someone.

Ops Manager Interview

Interview

phone screen and multiple individual interviews, met with some nice people, was kind of a long experience going through everyone and eventually had to do a panel interview. People were prepared with what were obvious pre-screened questions with expected answers, but then also asked individual questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Lean?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to set up a phone interview about a week later.
    Interview was just half an hour long and went primarily over my resume. I was told I would hear back from them about an in person interview within a week

Interview Questions

• Of the software and programing languages listed in your resume, which ones are you most proficient in?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in August 2017.

Interview

Staffing agency directly connected to Rockwell Collins set it up. The agency initially picked me up from Monster. This was in fact a very good fit. It took about a week for them to set up a technical interview with the hiring manager. He could see readily that I had what he was looking for. By the end of the next week I had an offer in my email. This was for a contract position by the way...

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with Avionics test, integration and certification.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

A short behavioral phone screen. Interviewed by a software team manager. Did not receive an offer due to them getting rid of the co-op position because they couldn't find enough work.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging programming project you've worked on.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins.

Interview

Just asking behavioral questions about yourself. No technical questions are included because they know what you can do and want to know how you are on a team and if you get along well with other people.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later was contacted by email to set up phone interview. Phone screening interview conducted by senior engineering manager - typical Human Resources based questions, no technical questions asked

Proposal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Cedar Rapids, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick phone call with HR, 30-min phone interview with Hiring Manager, all-day, on-site interview with writing sample test. Also included a web interview with the remote team, graphics design manager, proposal specialists, and department manager.

Interview Questions

• Mainly team work questions, working with cross-matrix teams.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins in March 2017.

Interview

I was contact through a recruiter for a position for a technical writer/trainer with Rockwell Collins in their Marina del Rey site. I was told that I would be interviewed by two people, a program manager and another tech writer for the initial phone screen. Both were based in Bethseda, MD. Only one interviewer was initially on the 30 min call. The second interviewer, the PM , joined the call the last 10 mins. She was calling in from a cell phone and there was so much static that I couldn't hear her clearly. After 10 mins, she said that the interview was over. After waiting a week, I contacted the recruiter and they had heard nothing positive or negatively about a 2nd interview. Three weeks went by and I saw that the position was no longer listed on the RC website. I have interviewed many times over the years but have never experienced such unprofessional follow up. A phone call one way or the other would have been nice. I would not want to work with such a company if this is the way they treat candidates who prepare for interviews and hope to hear something back in a reasonable amount of time.

Systems Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Collins (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair event. Was later invited to a dinner to meet other staff members. This dinner seemed to act like an interview because after i talked to a couple of the staff members I was extended an official offer at the end of the dinner. I spoke to a couple of the systems engineers to find out what they do for the company and they where very nice.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No i was not able to negotiate